Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
May 15, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #1,985 of 23,494
Those are Voskhod '75 Plate Post Gray Shields, with the open plate configuration. Also an excellent tube, and very rare. I would say would rank a tie for #3 behind the '75 SWGP Silvers, and the '74 SWGP Silvers, a tie with the '74 SWGP Grays. The plate post Voskhods are a little fatter on bottom, but lack just a tad of that incredible flow of the best SWGP. The 'Holy Grail' '75 SWGP Silvers have just as much bass extension as the '75 plate post VR Grays, but it's better defined, with more natural tone.

After more careful listening, what makes the 'Holy Grails' so special is the 'presence' they portray. An inner lit quality. And a level of detail I never heard before, extraordinary levels of deep detail.

That said I could live happily with the former king of the Russian hill, those '75 plate posts

May 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #1,986 of 23,494

This is what I got from Ukraine

And what do you think of how they sound. Considering getting some probably from same seller as you used. Also another pair from someone else. But really my tube collection is getting crazy considering I'm beyond happy with my countless Orange Globes. I'm using a Aune T1 and not the Lyr but still.

May 17, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #1,987 of 23,494
Well you can checkout my original review from last yr on the old thread at post #8596. That was before I came across the Single Wire Getter Post Versions. From my comparison to the OGs I had - the '75 Voskhod has a deeper, richer bass, also much greater detail, a more natural tone. They tend to have a quieter nature, a blacker background, especially when the volume is high.

I think others have posted similar comments, not many have had the '75 plate post to compare, maybe the more common '80s Voskhods. Certainly the very best 6n23p the 'Holy Grail' '75 SWGP Silvers and '74 SWGP Silvers are in a class all by themselves.

Me, Gmahler, and others have been searching for these '75 Plate Post Gray Shields for a long time, they're very rare. I doubt any of the Russian dealers have any. There was even a Head-fier in Russia who couldn't find any on the local message boards.

Although I did recently recieve one in a large batch that came in on Monday. It broke my heart when it failed testing. It had good ouput, but failed the gas emissions test on one section. Basically worthless!

So sad. As I've said before buyer beware when dealing with these Ukraine, Moldovian, Russian dealers.

May 17, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #1,988 of 23,494
I think others have posted similar comments, not many have had the '75 plate post to compare, maybe the more common '80s Voskhods. Certainly the very best 6n23p the 'Holy Grail' '75 SWGP Silvers and '74 SWGP Silvers are in a class all by themselves.

Me, Gmahler, and others have been searching for these '75 Plate Post Gray Shields for a long time, they're very rare. I doubt any of the Russian dealers have any. There was even a Head-fier in Russia who couldn't find any on the local message boards.

This has been my experience as well. When I was trawling eBay for these, I managed to snag only 4 of the '75 plate post VR's versus 11 of the '75 wire posts. And I never did come across any of the 'Holy Grail's.....

May 17, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #1,989 of 23,494
Hello! today I got 10 tubes from ukrain.

In that tube, they send me 75/gray post Voskhod! and YES! now I have pair of 75 gray.  I hook up with the other tube.
So far, I love the sound of it!!

May 17, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #1,992 of 23,494
This has been my experience as well. When I was trawling eBay for these, I managed to snag only 4 of the '75 plate post VR's versus 11 of the '75 wire posts. And I never did come across any of the 'Holy Grail's.....
Nice collection! Did you ever get a tester?

Out of the 11 '75 single wire posts none were with silver shields and closed plates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back