Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Oct 17, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #19,111 of 23,494
I think this one has Sammy or Ivan's name all over it. Eindhoven. 7L0. Yellow. Yo' momma.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1x-VALVO-CC...h=item442aa2c64e:g:OjgAAOSweKJbxO8b:rk:5:pf:0
I'm hunting for ECC81 Eindhovens now, I got a nice pair but one of the tubes is running away so I'm doing some more hunting, hopefully soon I'll get what I want :D You know I have a quad of E88CC Eindhovens that tested pretty weakly - but they sound quite great in MJ2 on low gain, and due to awful testing number I got them for free.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #19,112 of 23,494
Finally got around to burn in my 51 Copenhagen ECC81`s. Only 15 hours in and I`m calling another holy grail there for the 12AT7 family. At least to my ears, may wind up better or equal to the 6201 Hamburg PW. Really great sounding tubes for under $150 or so.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #19,113 of 23,494
Finally got around to burn in my 51 Copenhagen ECC81`s. Only 15 hours in and I`m calling another holy grail there for the 12AT7 family. At least to my ears, may wind up better or equal to the 6201 Hamburg PW. Really great sounding tubes for under $150 or so.

TK, you're only allowed a dozen HG's a year. You know the rules.

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #19,115 of 23,494
**** these guys are the scum of scum. "Black plate" "Triple Mica" "gold pin" let's use all the random buzz words that make our auction sound amazing. Even if they pins aren't dipped (which they look SO dipped), the other stuff is bull there is literally no "black plates" in the 6922 family...

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #19,117 of 23,494
Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #19,119 of 23,494
Oct 19, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #19,121 of 23,494
I spent the last 3 hours deciding which tubes I wanted to buy for my new Mjolnir 2. Unless the stock tubes change dramatically Id say solid state is the way to go stock. Anywho, I decided on a few budget options that are made new (Genalex gold lions, and JJ gold pins), and one NOS I found. The NOS Amperex tubes seem to get good ratings and I was trying to find a PW D getter for reasonable money when I found these from woo audio

https://wooaudio.com/tubes/amperex-6922-pair

Not many details other than "NOS (new old stock), Holland made. Ultra low noise and low microphonic, deep, clean bass, an excellent extension on tremble, full body mid range." The price seem right, so I ordered them. Tube prices have gotten absurd. Hopefully the factories that are still making tubes step their game up so there is no need to search endlessly for something made 1/2 a century ago!

Oct 20, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #19,123 of 23,494
I spent the last 3 hours deciding which tubes I wanted to buy for my new Mjolnir 2. Unless the stock tubes change dramatically Id say solid state is the way to go stock. Anywho, I decided on a few budget options that are made new (Genalex gold lions, and JJ gold pins), and one NOS I found. The NOS Amperex tubes seem to get good ratings and I was trying to find a PW D getter for reasonable money when I found these from woo audio

https://wooaudio.com/tubes/amperex-6922-pair

Not many details other than "NOS (new old stock), Holland made. Ultra low noise and low microphonic, deep, clean bass, an excellent extension on tremble, full body mid range." The price seem right, so I ordered them. Tube prices have gotten absurd. Hopefully the factories that are still making tubes step their game up so there is no need to search endlessly for something made 1/2 a century ago!
I can tell you right now that 200$ for A-Frame Heerlen tubes is absolutely not worth it.

Edit: Ah I see you bought them. Don't fret I've made worse uneducated decisions. They will sound good that is for sure, however the A-Frames are 70-80s tubes. For that kind of money you can buy much much older better made, better sounding Heerlen tubes. Hell for 200$ I would sell you a 1958 PCC88 Pinched Waist D-Getter pair that should blow these out of the water. There are other guys selling on this thread that have quite decent 6922 tubes for sale for much less!

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #19,124 of 23,494
I can tell you right now that 200$ for A-Frame Heerlen tubes is absolutely not worth it.

Edit: Ah I see you bought them. Don't fret I've made worse uneducated decisions. They will sound good that is for sure, however the A-Frames are 70-80s tubes. For that kind of money you can buy much much older better made, better sounding Heerlen tubes. Hell for 200$ I would sell you a 1958 PCC88 Pinched Waist D-Getter pair that should blow these out of the water. There are other guys selling on this thread that have quite decent 6922 tubes for sale for much less!
I concur. Anyone new to to the game that comes to this thread, DO NOT go out and purchase your 1st set of tubes on fleabay without checking this thread 1st. I’ve saved hundreds and maybe millions of dollars (Well maybe a bit of exaggeration) on tubes from the guys here in this thread. You’ll deal with like minded enthusiasts who sell their tubes where they just may not match up too their liking OR simply the sound signature doesn’t have the synergy with all of their gear. Nothing wrong with the tubes at all and if they’re microphonic, it’ll be stated AND with a discount. Quality stuff with no BS......and you’ll save a lot.
@davisman, im sure what you bought will sound really good. It’s just that you probably overpaid a bit so just enjoy them bro and don’t worry about it! :)

Edit: this post will eventually end...promise.
Check out the signatures of the following or contact them via PM as everything they are selling may not be in their sig
@AuditoryCanvas and @TK16

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #19,125 of 23,494
I concur. Anyone new to to the game that comes to this thread, DO NOT go out and purchase your 1st set of tubes on fleabay without checking this thread 1st. I’ve saved hundreds and maybe millions of dollars (Well maybe a bit of exaggeration) on tubes from the guys here in this thread. You’ll deal with like minded enthusiasts who sell their tubes where they just may not match up too their liking OR simply the sound signature doesn’t have the synergy with all of their gear. Nothing wrong with the tubes at all and if they’re microphonic, it’ll be stated AND with a discount. Quality stuff with no BS......and you’ll save a lot.
@davisman, im sure what you bought will sound really good. It’s just that you probably overpaid a bit so just enjoy them bro and don’t worry about it! :)
Hell sometimes we'd sell tubes that are just not our top tubes and said top tubes cost twice as much so they are quite a deal for a newcomer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back