Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Oct 20, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #19,141 of 23,494
Check out the signatures of the following or contact them via PM as everything they are selling may not be in their sig
@AuditoryCanvas and @TK16

This is really all you need to know. Contact Auditory Canvas and let him know what you want your sound to be like and he can set you up with something wonderful for half that price.

Oct 21, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #19,144 of 23,494
Hola folks!

Well , I'm 1 hour in on the 12a*7 hole , and
HO LEE SHEEEEEEEEET!

This family of tubes is CRIMINAL!

I'm on my first tube. THANK YOU TK! This is the TS vertical square getter. Me being a TS fanboy, I threw this tube in first. This seriously isn't happening! Forget everything folks! Just buy the 12a*7 adapter!
I know, it sounds repetitive. Theses tubes are lights out!

Where you at Billy? Get the adapters bro! Get the adapters!

I'll post more when the rest of my tubes get here. Thank you AC, TK , Kolkoo for investing your time and money on getting me to this point. I can't thank you guys enough!
Yeah, come on @billerb1 stop making excuses and get some :)

Oct 21, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #19,145 of 23,494
I'm going to shamelessly plug (once) that I created a classified with some 6922 and 7dj8 tubes. I plan to add more tubes there as I finally got motivated to get rid of the tubes that never see any playtime (and they are a lot).
I think my prices are decent perhaps I'm too greedy here and there but I'm open for offers always especially from participants of this thread :)
I've started with somewhat rare tubes and there will be some different and cheaper kinds later. The link is in my signature.

Oct 21, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #19,147 of 23,494
Yeah, come on @billerb1 stop making excuses and get some :)

Skeeert ! Woo Audio told me they weren't compatible with my amp...although I've been assured by those in the know here that they are. What's a mother to do ???

Oct 21, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #19,148 of 23,494
I scanned through the wa2 rolling thread. Seems that some of the wa2 owners are rolling 6sn7's , with adapters. Those are definitely higher than 300ma tubes.

I know it's a scary situation man. I never got a definitive yes from ppl in pm. Mostly it was "It should be fine". I know my amp isn't as costly either. I sat on this adapter for weeks , with another tung-sol D getter and a rca cleartop. Yesterday was a nervous commitment to just go for it lol.
So.... I put the tube in the adapter and tossed it in the amp. My amp has a 20 second delay inside before the circuit activates. I turned on my amp and left the room , counted to 30 and came back and everything seemed good. Popped some tunes on and MIND=BLOWN! LOL.

I definitely understand the hesitation bro. At least you know that others are rolling 6sn7's, which are way higher ma than these 12a*7 tubes.
Skeeert ! Woo Audio told me they weren't compatible with my amp...although I've been assured by those in the know here that they are. What's a mother to do ???

Oct 21, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #19,149 of 23,494
@billerb1 , think E188CC is 340ma from memory, you can run those 300ma tubes no problem. They might of told you were not compatible because the ECC81, 6201 won't work without an adapter? There is plenty in the 12AT7 family that should be fine at 300ma. Though the 12A*7 family tubes are way too tall with adapters to run in the dac.
Been rolling many different tubes in my dac as well, 6922 dac, running all 6922 variants, 396A, 5670,25C1, 6N2P, 6CC41, 6N3P without problem 2 years or so.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #19,150 of 23,494
Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #19,151 of 23,494
I scanned through the wa2 rolling thread. Seems that some of the wa2 owners are rolling 6sn7's , with adapters. Those are definitely higher than 300ma tubes.

I know it's a scary situation man. I never got a definitive yes from ppl in pm. Mostly it was "It should be fine". I know my amp isn't as costly either. I sat on this adapter for weeks , with another tung-sol D getter and a rca cleartop. Yesterday was a nervous commitment to just go for it lol.
So.... I put the tube in the adapter and tossed it in the amp. My amp has a 20 second delay inside before the circuit activates. I turned on my amp and left the room , counted to 30 and came back and everything seemed good. Popped some tunes on and MIND=BLOWN! LOL.

I definitely understand the hesitation bro. At least you know that others are rolling 6sn7's, which are way higher ma than these 12a*7 tubes.

When I asked Woo about the 6sn7's way back when they immediately got back to me and said they were fine with an adapter. I think they got tired of me asking so many different times about different tube compatibilities that now they just might be giving an off-handed "NO" just to avoid the question or to try to sell me their over-priced mediocre 6922 tubes. As you all know, I sure ain't a techy so you can appreciate my dilemma.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #19,152 of 23,494
When I asked Woo about the 6sn7's way back when they immediately got back to me and said they were fine with an adapter. I think they got tired of me asking so many different times about different tube compatibilities that now they just might be giving an off-handed "NO" just to avoid the question or to try to sell me their over-priced mediocre 6922 tubes. As you all know, I sure ain't a techy so you can appreciate my dilemma.
Better jump on the 12AT7 bandwagon for Tung Sol thinking about getting another pair myself!

Oct 21, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #19,154 of 23,494
Just flick the power switch with a long broom handle from a safe distance on the first try, you know, just in case. :dt880smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back