Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Sep 7, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #18,871 of 23,494
Seller accepted a best offer of $39 on a pair of NOS-testing GE 5751 triple micas (slightly lower gain AX variant). Have you tried them AC? Brent Jessee raves about them: "Great hi-fi tubes, as the lower gain reduces noise and microphonics. These are all ruggedized and most can withstand a drop on the floor. The internal triode elements are matched as well." so I figured what the hell, cheap enough.

Sep 7, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #18,872 of 23,494
Off topic but got the word from the Schiit Boys on Wednesday to send in my Yggy for the Analog 2 upgrade. Been on the waiting list "queue" since July. Shipped it out yesterday and they should receive it Monday. I am REALLY stoked !!!!!!!!!!!! I know the yggy users here will be interested.

Sep 7, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #18,873 of 23,494
56 Mullard 12AT7 delivered to my house, AC's loaner adapters say Saturday delivery. Been holding up buying any Blackburn or Brimar until I hear this pair.

Checked the parcel box, key for it was in the mailbox, the box was completely empty no package. Saying it was delivered! What?!?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #18,874 of 23,494
Off topic but got the word from the Schiit Boys on Wednesday to send in my Yggy for the Analog 2 upgrade. Been on the waiting list "queue" since July. Shipped it out yesterday and they should receive it Monday. I am REALLY stoked !!!!!!!!!!!! I know the yggy users here will be interested.
Interested plus happy for you plus jealous! Word on the street is that we'd get it in Europe February next year at earliest :D

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #18,875 of 23,494
Consensus seems to be more meat on the bone....across the spectrum. My thing is thicker, meatier timbre...more realistic harmonics and decay. And the cymbals gotta be right !!!
Most are saying that's what the upgrade does. I doubt I'll be disappointed.

Sep 8, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #18,877 of 23,494
I've read so many many different impressions on the upgrade that I don't know if I want to get it or not.

I trust your ears completely, so I'm going to wait on your impressions once you've got it back, and gone through the week long warm up :) I guess I'll then have to sit in the long waiting line. Wonder if they'll let me install the card myself and then just drop it in for the firmware update flashing to save waiting. probably not.

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #18,878 of 23,494
So what was the verdict?

Haven't given it a listen yet. It's in my tube burner-inner now getting some time on it. It'll have about 30 hours total time on it tonight which should be sufficient...

Sep 8, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #18,882 of 23,494

Sep 9, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #18,883 of 23,494
Check out Plini...

Man Bill, now I’m finding out you have really great taste in music. Love Plini. Listen to him daily. I’m gonna list a few YouTube vids to turn you on (or anyone else) to some stuff you’ve never heard? I’m gonna lead off with a great Plini track then progressively get a bit harder. All great stuff and all instrumental. I believe you’ll enjoy if you like Plini.
If you like his stuff, I can PM you a ton more.

Plini

Arch echo

Owane

Polyphia

Helix Nebula

Sep 9, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #18,885 of 23,494
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back