Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Sep 5, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #18,842 of 23,493
Yes that's my pair.

The horizontal code can't be the normal Telefunken date code, unless they were made on day 80 of the month....it has to be something else.
Yeah I guess so :) Anyway the non-transparent mica + fat getter + silver rods should mean these are prior to 1960 from what I can gather :D

Edit: I think the U mh 02 has to be 1957 now for sure.

Also looking again on audio circle the clues fit!

Btw look at the pic again for the DOUBLE GETTER, I've put some red dots at where it's supposed to be, so that's supposedly the earlier 1956-to early 1957 version.

doublegetter.png

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #18,844 of 23,493
Yes indeed a great find. Check out my edited previous post :p

Sep 5, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #18,847 of 23,493
IMG_4356.JPG
Yeah I guess so :) Anyway the non-transparent mica + fat getter + silver rods should mean these are prior to 1960 from what I can gather :D

Edit: I think the U mh 02 has to be 1957 now for sure.

Also looking again on audio circle the clues fit!

Btw look at the pic again for the DOUBLE GETTER, I've put some red dots at where it's supposed to be, so that's supposedly the earlier 1956-to early 1957 version.

It's really difficult to get a picture of the second getter since it's well up above the flashing. You can see the stem of the second getter here on the right, and part of it behind the lower getter. It looks much larger, but it's only visible at an extreme angle so there's no doubt significant distortion going on. But it's up there.

Oh, and the rods I can confirm are silver.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #18,848 of 23,493
off topic, but If anyone is looking for a cheap decent headphone stand, I got one of these at the weekend, and have to dsay, it's well worth the money. Construction is good, it looks pretty decent, and works well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M6YBN9V/

I also ordered a pair of the Dekoni fenestrated lambskin earpads for the Elear. Arrived on Sunday, but I received an empty box...They reshipped, and they arrived today. Still trying to figure out how i feel about them. Definitely a bit firmer, but I expect they will soften up, although I already notice things get a bit warmer in the cans. Not sure I'd want to wear them in the summer for as long as I do with the stock pads. They do slightly change the sound characteristics, but I need to spend a lot more time with them before giving an opinion on it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BYYJRL8/
In case anyone was curious about how the Dekoni pads sounded on the Elear....I'm going to return them. Not a huge difference, but enough to notice when I put the old pads back on. They narrow the soundstage a little, and kinda mess with the upper mids, making them a touch shouty. I didn't really notice too much until I swapped back to the stock pads to see the difference.

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #18,849 of 23,493
In case anyone was curious about how the Dekoni pads sounded on the Elear....I'm going to return them. Not a huge difference, but enough to notice when I put the old pads back on. They narrow the soundstage a little, and kinda mess with the upper mids, making them a touch shouty. I didn't really notice too much until I swapped back to the stock pads to see the difference.

I went for the Massdrop Elex pads to see what the Clear sound is like. The shipment was delayed though so I don't know what they're like yet.

Sep 6, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #18,851 of 23,493
I went for the Massdrop Elex pads to see what the Clear sound is like. The shipment was delayed though so I don't know what they're like yet.
I've read similar reports to mine about the Utopia pads on the Elear, and also that the Elear pads seem to improve the Utopia too, so I think it's to do with the leather compared to the velour that makes a big part of the difference.

The Elex pads are fenestrated velour right? Like a hybrid of the Utopia and Elear pads.

edit - not sure of the validity of their findings, but there's some measurement here. The graph of the Elear with Elex pads seems to be similar to the graph that innearfidelity did of the Elear with Utopia pads.

https://www.verumsonus.com/focal-clear-vs-focal-elear-vs-focal-elex-comparison-review/

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #18,855 of 23,493
My pairs of 6201 PW are in Queens already. Can't wait to hear them.
If anybody is interested in the remaining Ebay stock, heard they are absolutely awful, don't waste you time and money fellas.

Disclaimer: Above statement may be factually incorrect.
Ok guys and this isn’t just for TK. Any and everyone chime in please. First you guys get me into the Foton 3X, even the Reflrktor 3X, 6C8G and many others. I like all of them Immensely especially for the cost of a pair.

Now everyone is on the 12AU7 and 12AX7 train.

So how does the12A and U variant, price to performance, compare to the Foton 3x?
I can’t shell out the funds like you all are doing now with these high end tubes. I’d like to stay within my wheelhouse on the cheap. Also, is the Foton 3X obsolete in your opinions now and you’re willing to give up on them or do you still like them enough, even though theres a new hot potato tube everyone is going after now.

Any comparisons and opinions would
most definitely be welcomed and appreciated. Help a Brother out with his lack of buying tubes lately addiction.
I’m broke but got to feed the need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back