Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Aug 31, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #18,781 of 23,494
Damn I have to wait on the adapters now.

You should make your own adapters. Then you'll only have to wait for the parts to arrive from China. :relaxed:

6SN7 -> 7N7 adapter in progress:
Adapter1.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #18,782 of 23,494
No nothing on the construction of these tubes, but looks like the same blemishes on the Valvo logo on both tubes and gold pins look like the were just dipped. The "2" on the left tube is off from the right tube. Not seeing any acid etching on the tube either. Bangybangtubes again. Heard the PW version of this tube from a good source is holy grail territory so I picked up 2 pairs. Not from this seller though. Is this set a fake???
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Platinum-M...Gold-Pin-Premium-Audio-Tube-Valv/401569919622

Sep 1, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #18,783 of 23,494
No nothing on the construction of these tubes, but looks like the same blemishes on the Valvo logo on both tubes and gold pins look like the were just dipped. The "2" on the left tube is off from the right tube. Not seeing any acid etching on the tube either. Bangybangtubes again. Heard the PW version of this tube from a good source is holy grail territory so I picked up 2 pairs. Not from this seller though. Is this set a fake???
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Platinum-M...Gold-Pin-Premium-Audio-Tube-Valv/401569919622
That 2 on the left is definitely off. Not even close. And you’re right, the pins look like they were just dipped. I wouldn’t buy from this guy in a million years.

Sep 1, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #18,784 of 23,494
That 2 on the left is definitely off. Not even close. And you’re right, the pins look like they were just dipped. I wouldn’t buy from this guy in a million years.

I think with BangyBang the assumption is the tube is a fake. It's the rare exception when the question is whether the tube is genuine. He profits from ignorance, and that's a multi-trillion dollar field. :relaxed: (and I don't mean ignorance as a negative term, just in the definition of "not knowing")

Sep 1, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #18,785 of 23,494
I noticed the drip on the print too. Also telling is the yellow print. All the Valvo branded 6201 I've seen and can find have either blue or white. Yellow was for long distance transmission tubes, for which I don't see the 6201 being used for. They used it on mostly E (as well as CCa) D, and EF tubes.

Handy Valvo color guide here: http://www.tube-classics.de/TC/Tubes/Valvo/Philipscolors.htm

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #18,786 of 23,494
I think with BangyBang the assumption is the tube is a fake. It's the rare exception when the question is whether the tube is genuine. He profits from ignorance, and that's a multi-trillion dollar field. :relaxed: (and I don't mean ignorance as a negative term, just in the definition of "not knowing")
Maybe so but if you’re in business, you best know your Schiit. Ignorance is unacceptable when you are profiting off people. Selling goods (whatever it may be) that you “might” not know what your selling AND for A LOT more then it’s worth?......that’s shady. There’s been way too many instances where his goods don’t seem to be on the up and up from people that have noticed it on this thread.
You’re a better man then I.....:)

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #18,787 of 23,494
Maybe so but if you’re in business, you best know your Schiit. Ignorance is unacceptable when you are profiting off people. Selling goods (whatever it may be) that you “might” not know what your selling AND for A LOT more then it’s worth?......that’s shady. There’s been way too many instances where his goods don’t seem to be on the up and up from people that have noticed it on this thread.
You’re a better man then I.....:)
At least we get the word out here for the newer members not to buy from him, probably why he changed his name in the first place from OldGuyRadiola and seems to have more accounts kile minefee adio and maybe more. The carpet pictures and wordings are pretty much spot on. He is also selling tube testers that are fully serviced and calibrated without even having them powered on and checking a tube. No calibration papers or anything.

Sep 2, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #18,789 of 23,494
Ok, Am I the only one who feels that if a tube is microphonic, it’s no big deal? I have a handful of them but as long as you don’t tap on the tube, amp/DAC or table/desk, you’d never know. Maybe it’s just me but it’s never bothered me and when the music is playing, there is no microphonic tubes.

by the way, all smokin deals on everything in your sig.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #18,790 of 23,494
Ok, Am I the only one who feels that if a tube is microphonic, it’s no big deal? I have a handful of them but as long as you don’t tap on the tube, amp/DAC or table/desk, you’d never know. Maybe it’s just me but it’s never bothered me and when the music is playing, there is no microphonic tubes.

It all depends on the environment. My Lyr sits on a separate table, so microphonics aren't an issue for me either. In my full sized rig though, there's enough airborne (acoustic) energy to vibrate the tubes and a microphonic tube can be audible. I can see an issue too if the Lyr is sitting on the same desk or table with the computer, and typing on the keyboard could transmit enough structure-borne vibration to cause an issue. Just my $0.02

Sep 2, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #18,791 of 23,494

Not really a problem unless you like tapping tubes and amps while listening to tunes. Tube dampers help. Just looking for a quick sale to fund some purchases I made.

Sep 2, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #18,792 of 23,494
At least we get the word out here for the newer members not to buy from him, probably why he changed his name in the first place from OldGuyRadiola and seems to have more accounts kile minefee adio and maybe more. The carpet pictures and wordings are pretty much spot on. He is also selling tube testers that are fully serviced and calibrated without even having them powered on and checking a tube. No calibration papers or anything.

Even at the risk of being pounced on by the ever-vigilant Tube Seller's Association, I just couldn't help myself. Beyond the fact he's calling these a matched pair (with the tube on the left missing the resistors of the tube on the right), I was really interested to know how he tested a 50 amp, 100 killivolt tube. Not going to happen with a Hickok. :relaxed: Here's his response:

BangyBang2.jpg

I need a translator for the last sentence I think. I'm not surprised he didn't answer either of my questions, but am a little surprised he didn't call me names or an idiot in the process. And I'm going to make a wild guess here that the 'third party' that did the phantom testing is probably Menifee Audio. :grinning::grin:

(also, "february March" is not a new month....just a relabeled one).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401506876277?ViewItem=&item=401506876277

BangyBang.jpg

Sep 2, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #18,793 of 23,494
Even at the risk of being pounced on by the ever-vigilant Tube Seller's Association, I just couldn't help myself. Beyond the fact he's calling these a matched pair (with the tube on the left missing the resistors of the tube on the right), I was really interested to know how he tested a 50 amp, 100 killivolt tube. Not going to happen with a Hickok. :relaxed: Here's his response:

I need a translator for the last sentence I think. I'm not surprised he didn't answer either of my questions, but am a little surprised he didn't call me names or an idiot in the process. And I'm going to make a wild guess here that the 'third party' that did the phantom testing is probably Menifee Audio. :grinning::grin:

(also, "february March" is not a new month....just a relabeled one).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401506876277?ViewItem=&item=401506876277

We should all go and slip away from the tour and look for the relabelling section.

Sep 2, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #18,795 of 23,494
We should all go and slip away from the tour and look for the relabelling section.

That's easy to find. Just look for the room with these signs on the door. :relaxed:

Bangy Relabeling Room.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back