Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jan 8, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #15,826 of 23,494
Don't fret gmahler2u, with those Teles of yours ANY can will sound phenomenal. And you
can take that to the bank. And do you know why you can take that to the bank ?
Because Tony said so, that's why. He's really good at that schiit you know.

Edit: Yes, Tony is fine with me speaking for him.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #15,827 of 23,494
Now, we have news that Sennheiser is releasing the new HD820, When I don't know. Sennheiser will bring their new flagship in CES 2018.
The price will the 2400 US dollar. Now, my goal is changed to HD820. I was going to get Focal Clear but man, Where can I get money...
I should sell my kidney...LOL

The sorry guy is not about tubes...
Moon Audio were doing open box utopia for $2500. Not sure if they still are, but if you like the 800, you’ll most likely love the utopia.

Jan 8, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #15,828 of 23,494
Don't fret gmahler2u, with those Teles of yours ANY can will sound phenomenal. And you
can take that to the bank. And do you know why you can take that to the bank ?
Because Tony said so, that's why. He's really good at that schiit you know.

Edit: Yes, Tony is fine with me speaking for him.

Yes, Tony is THE PREIST!!! GIVE HIM SOME MONEY!! LOL

Jan 9, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #15,830 of 23,494
It's very tempting I should be auditioning the Utopia. But still, I'm very curious to see what HD 820 has offered.

You should throw caution and sensibility to the wind, sell your car, and get both. The rain in LA will soon be over for another year, and you'll have the headphones to make walking more enjoyable.

I currently have one of my kidneys up on an auction site so I can get the Gumby and a Cavalli Liquid Glass....

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #15,832 of 23,494
I need some help ( mentally). Is anyone willing to to part ways with their Schiit MJ2. I sold mine and just before ordered these tubes recommended by you guys. I have heard so many good things about these tubes and I'm just dying to try them out. If not the MJ2 then another tube amp that takes 6922 / 2C51 variants?

LME.jpg LM ERICSSON STANDARD PIN.jpg

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #15,833 of 23,494
Bro,
I believe there’s a project ember in the classifieds. I just traded for one and it kicks some serious a$$. It takes the 6922 variants
It’s a very small footprint but powerful and has the capabilities to roll an incredible amount of tubes. It also accepts the adapter and 2C51/5670/6N3P varients too.
The 2C51’s are a bit prone for some noise though. Not too bad.
It’s a great little amp for the money and goes toe to toe with my LYR2.
As a matter of fact, haven’t used the L2 once since I got it.
Takes 1 tube though so it kinda jacks up paired sets.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #15,834 of 23,494
Bro,
I believe there’s a project ember in the classifieds. I just traded for one and it kicks some serious a$$. It takes the 6922 variants
It’s a very small footprint but powerful and has the capabilities to roll an incredible amount of tubes. It also accepts the adapter and 2C51/5670/6N3P varients too.
The 2C51’s are a bit prone for some noise though. Not too bad.
It’s a great little amp for the money and goes toe to toe with my LYR2.
As a matter of fact, haven’t used the L2 once since I got it.
Takes 1 tube though so it kinda jacks up paired sets.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I was kind of looking for more of an endgame tube amp but I am quickly realizing that those type of amps do not take 6922 tubes. As of right now I'm running the dac / amp R2R 11 from AGD which sounds awesome but the amp section isn't as good as the dac. Good, yes.... but much better paired with something more powerful.

If I don't find something and have to change to a different type of tube amp all my hard work with all these tubes I have will be wasted.

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #15,835 of 23,494
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I was kind of looking for more of an endgame tube amp but I am quickly realizing that those type of amps do not take 6922 tubes. As of right now I'm running the dac / amp R2R 11 from AGD which sounds awesome but the amp section isn't as good as the dac. Good, yes.... but much better paired with something more powerful.

If I don't find something and have to change to a different type of tube amp all my hard work with all these tubes I have will be wasted.
Maybe you could find a used Lyr 1 or 2 as a stop gap until you find something better down the road. SE the Lyr1 and 2 is much more powerful than a MJ 2. Heard those LM Ericssons are rubbish, send them to me so I can properly dispose of them.

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #15,836 of 23,494
Agreed on the 'rubbish' review of the Ericcsons. I hear they are the absolute worst.
But don't send them to TK...he'll just break 'em...what with his 'problem' and all.
Send 'em out to me. I'll have Sammy and the newly-ordained Tony bless them before
I do any critical listening.

Jan 9, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #15,837 of 23,494
Maybe you could find a used Lyr 1 or 2 as a stop gap until you find something better down the road. SE the Lyr1 and 2 is much more powerful than a MJ 2. Heard those LM Ericssons are rubbish, send them to me so I can properly dispose of them.

That's a great idea but I'd have to find one at a good price just knowing I won't be keeping. Mentally anyways..... I don't know the SE vs Bal output on the MJ2 or Lyr but I usually use the balance side of the MJ2 even though the dac is SE. At least I'll get the power from the bal out, right?

@TK16 and @billerb1 I'm not sure if i believe you guys, but I'll tell you what. I might just part ways with them once I compare them to the gold pins to see what all the hype is about. I'm sure they'll need some burn-in time, but hey..... all I got is time, right.....?

LM ERICSSON GOLD PIN.jpg

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #15,840 of 23,494
That's a great idea but I'd have to find one at a good price just knowing I won't be keeping. Mentally anyways..... I don't know the SE vs Bal output on the MJ2 or Lyr but I usually use the balance side of the MJ2 even though the dac is SE. At least I'll get the power from the bal out, right?

@TK16 and @billerb1 I'm not sure if i believe you guys, but I'll tell you what. I might just part ways with them once I compare them to the gold pins to see what all the hype is about. I'm sure they'll need some burn-in time, but hey..... all I got is time, right.....?

I do not think you get the extra power just using the RCA connectors without both a balanced DAC and balanced amp. You can use a balanced head fone cable no problem with the RCA connectors but I think you will still be WE though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back