Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jan 6, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #15,797 of 23,493
Welcome to the Holland PW club bro!

Yes! Thanks for confirmation @TK16

Now to somehow steal Bill's Tele E188CCs *Queue in Mission Impossible Theme*

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #15,801 of 23,493
I’m pretty sure a lot of the European tube sellers keep an eye on these threads, and price their tubes according to the hype.

Would explain the crazy prices these e188cc are being listed for.

Certainly explains the 75 ‘hg’ pricing a while back too.

Maybe we should reverse it, so when we say these tubes totally suck, we all know it means they’re golden haha

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #15,802 of 23,493
boy everybody wants to have bill's tele e188cc.:ksc75smile:

No one elses tubes matter but the ones blessed by Bill. :wink:

The mission, if you dare to accept it, is to acquire Bills Tele tubes. This message will self destruct in 3 seconds.

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #15,804 of 23,493
I had a pair of Telefunken E188CC tubes...and a pair of Telefunken E88CC tubes. They were nothing special when compared against the Telefunken CCa gold rod tubes that I had. I still like the WE JW 2C51 tubes better than all three....

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #15,806 of 23,493
I had a pair of Telefunken E188CC tubes...and a pair of Telefunken E88CC tubes. They were nothing special when compared against the Telefunken CCa gold rod tubes that I had. I still like the WE JW 2C51 tubes better than all there....

I have a pair of JW WE 2C51s but on my chain the Amperex PW just can’t be beat. No grain, holographic, musical, euphonic, and damn good bass. The JWs with the Aeon Flow Opens are good but can’t touch the PWs. The JWs paired with my E-Mu Teaks sound damn amazing but I prefer them with the LM Ericsson 2C51. The Phillips Miniwatt E188CCs made magic when I owned the Atticus.

On the other hand if we’re talking about price to performance the WE/JW is hard to beat.

The Seimens CCa should be in soon and the Holland PWs. I think the @thecrow would be proud of me, lol.

Jan 7, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #15,807 of 23,493
I’m pretty sure a lot of the European tube sellers keep an eye on these threads, and price their tubes according to the hype.

Maybe we should reverse it, so when we say these tubes totally suck, we all know it means they’re golden haha

The HG prices were artificially inflated by the user that "discovered" them and was selling them after they got scarce and also by us looking for them. We literally scavenged ebay and wrote PMs to many russian / ukranian dealers that sold them for cheap and they slowly caught on. I once had a chat with a seller that was selling HGs for really cheap and sent me different tubes (than pictured - which were HGs) and he was like what why does it matter, I said well they sound the best - next thing you know he did a search and is now selling them at 200$. To be honest with HGs I was quite patient and was able to score amazing deals (from US Sellers nonetheless), so I tried to keep the price in check when I sold them - 125$ per pair back then. Perhaps they are even cheaper now.

Jan 7, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #15,808 of 23,493
Sorry the confusion bro. The T is for right angled triangle. So right angled triangle-7-F and right angled triangle-7-H for the codes.
Gotta be 1957. Pricey, but one should not sell short the "lowly" ECC88 (6DJ8). Fine tubes, esp. if they come from a fine factory. Keep us posted.

NB: no EVIL was implied in this post. I predict, however, that CLIMATE CHANGE (AKA, GLOBAL WARMING ... or as we here in the ARCTIC BELT like to call it: GLOBAL FnCKIN' FREEZING) will claim many a TELE E188CC in the coming weeks. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

(Rangy can arrange for safe transport and harbor of your vulnerable tubes for a nominal rolling fee)

Jan 7, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #15,809 of 23,493

Not just Tele E188CCs, but WE 396As, as well. It's madness. We need to figure out how to play 4-D chess against these bastids.

Jan 7, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #15,810 of 23,493
Gotta be 1957. Pricey, but one should not sell short the "lowly" ECC88 (6DJ8). Fine tubes, esp. if they come from a fine factory. Keep us posted.

NB: no EVIL was implied in this post. I predict, however, that CLIMATE CHANGE (AKA, GLOBAL WARMING ... or as we here in the ARCTIC BELT like to call it: GLOBAL FnCKIN' FREEZING) will claim many a TELE E188CC in the coming weeks. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

(Rangy can arrange for safe transport and harbor of your vulnerable tubes for a nominal rolling fee)
Wish for global warming about now. 1 degree Fahrenheit right now in NJ. Wind chill is in the negatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back