Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Dec 19, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #15,497 of 23,494
My bad. Thanx for clarifying. These actually sound inticing and affordable. Just so happens there’s one up for sale in the classifieds.

Ha! Sold. Probably best since I wouldn’t be able to listen to them first and return if necessary.
https://www.adorama.com/us 939880.html

BUT CHECK THE WARRANTY ON THESE - IF THERE IS ANY

Moon audio were selling factory returns or refurbished with a 2 year warranty that i bought. They were the only authorised retailer to do so.

new would be 5 year warranty i BELIEVE (but check)

Great punchy headphone. Lots of fun.

The bass crackling issue mentioned earlier appears to have mostly come up for some (the minority of) people when playing VERY bass heavy music VERY VERY loudly.

I have had no issues at all *touch wood
Focal say thats part of their design to protect the driver. Thats why i bought it and recommend to buy it from a reputable store with a warranty.

If the style suits you I think it’s a great and very well priced headphone at $700/$800 but at $1000 it’s only ok value

Dec 19, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #15,498 of 23,494
Good deal above. A note on buying used, the warranty isn't transferable, so I'd probably avoid used.

If the open box deal doesn't work out, Moon Audio have brand new for $799, and free shipping.

Warranty (install part only applies to car audio - the headphones get the full 3 year):
Focal America / Orca Design & Manufacturing supports their products and guarantees them to be free of manufacturing defects for a period of 1 year (non-transferrable) from the date of purchase, if purchased from and authorized retailer. This time period is extended to 3 years (non-transferrable) from the date of purchase, if the product is purchased from and installed by an authorized retailer, and no alterations are made to the installation or setup of the product outside of the authorized retailer. The authorized dealer will then work with Focal America / Orca Design & Manufacturing to obtain service, if necessary.

Products bought from a non-authorized retailer do not carry the original Focal warranty. This means that if you buy from a non-authorized retailer and you encounter a problem with the product, you will have to go back to that retailer to get help and we cannot guarantee the quality of the assistance you will then receive.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #15,500 of 23,494
...I also listen at or about 82-85 db most times to get the most out of each HP.

Forgot to mention in my reply: For critical listening, I use that same average SPL level, which is not excessive at all, considering that acoustic instruments can go much higher than that. So, all my comments are based on that, with all my headphones having been initially evaluated on the same tracks at the same SPL.
No excessive stress testing done here to my ears or headphones! : )

Dec 19, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #15,501 of 23,494
As I was saying before, there’s nowhere In Phoenix metro area to check out anything real-time except for the entire Focal line at LMC audio. I also know the owner as we have a relationship as he attended our last Headfi meet. Maybe a discount in my future.

Dec 19, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #15,503 of 23,494
Dec 20, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #15,506 of 23,494
Dec 20, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #15,508 of 23,494
Dec 20, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #15,509 of 23,494
You’d think he’d lower the bidding price since it didn’t sell. Guess he thinks bumping the price up will make it more desirable? Like reverse supply and demand.
or he had an offer (like we sometimes get here in Australia to have no ebay fees on items sold (limited time) and then it goes back to 10% and hence that is reflected in the price

or perhaps ....................someone offered him $100 so he made that the starting price now

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #15,510 of 23,494
or he had an offer (like we sometimes get here in Australia to have no ebay fees on items sold (limited time) and then it goes back to 10% and hence that is reflected in the price

or perhaps ....................someone offered him $100 so he made that the starting price now

I offered him $100 but them found some gold pins so I passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back