Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Dec 21, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #15,526 of 23,493
people I'm going to take a break from a few threads as I'm spending too much time checking my subscribed threads - and this is one of the major culprits

I'm going to spend more undistracted time with my loved ones, Yes you know what I'm talking about - my hd800, elear and my woo wa2

we'll see how long this idea lasts

Best Christmas and/or festive wishes to all and see you in 2018

HM2UOzd.gif

5cbfa1e041e428d5185d80499c74842d.jpg

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #15,527 of 23,493
Anyone ever try these in a Lyr/Lyr2?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Gold-p...922-6DJ8-tube-adapter-Metal-case/201637263159

I'm wondering about the fit with just one regular socket saver installed. Are these too wide to fit into the recess? I've got the cheaper version, but want a backup/replacement, so figured I might upgrade. The cheaper version isn't even as wide as the Tubemonger socket savers, so there's a bit of room to play with.

Cheaper version: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-Gold-p...-6922-6DJ8-tube-adapter-you-amp-/191636111735
This is the reply I got:

"Hello,the metal case size 24mm,many China tube man said bakelite case sounds warm than metal case,metal case only look good.
thanks!"

Damn, now we gotta think about what socket savers and adapters are made of? That's it, I'm out. China tube man fire sale starts NOW!

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #15,528 of 23,493
people I'm going to take a break from a few threads as I'm spending too much time checking my subscribed threads - and this is one of the major culprits

I'm going to spend more undistracted time with my loved ones, Yes you know what I'm talking about - my hd800, elear and my woo wa2

we'll see how long this idea lasts

Best Christmas and/or festive wishes to all and see you in 2018

HM2UOzd.gif

5cbfa1e041e428d5185d80499c74842d.jpg
Take care down under man. The happiest and best holidays. Don’t take that long of a hiatus.

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #15,529 of 23,493
Still bitter at being banned from buying for asking for a shipping date.:ksc75smile:

Nah, been new car researching and shopping.

I was recently notified of your expulsion from the Tube Seller Association.

There will be no new tubes for you.

:triportsad:

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #15,530 of 23,493
This is the reply I got:

"Hello,the metal case size 24mm,many China tube man said bakelite case sounds warm than metal case,metal case only look good.
thanks!"

Damn, now we gotta think about what socket savers and adapters are made of? That's it, I'm out. China tube man fire sale starts NOW!

I'm aware of Tube Mythology, didn't realize there was a Tube Adapter Mythology.
But... It fits, it looks good, and it will only take a month, or two, to be delivered.
Sold!

Dec 21, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #15,532 of 23,493
This is the reply I got:

thanks!"

I hope this isn't true...all of those tubes I sold because they were too warm for me....Damn China tube man.

Dec 21, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #15,534 of 23,493
The tube Nazi is brutal.
You must respect the glass.

If, however, you were to find the secrets of making Heerlen+Amperex/Telefunken/Siemens/Mullard tubes in an armoire, and sold them to reputable manufacturing concerns, I would change it to FREE TUBES FOR YOU!

Dec 21, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #15,538 of 23,493
If you mean that in the sense of that folky wanker in the audience at Bob Dylan's 1966 Royal Albert Hall Concert (greatest "bootleg" ever), humbly I accept. And yet, still....
I don't BELIEVE you.... you're a LIAR! :wink:

He's no Judas AFAIK, that was a take on the soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld. Though he may be a possible Judas prophet. Thems people that can predict the future, but not to be trusted. Or I'm just fulla schitt.
Correct, though I'm not sure it was an armoire wherein the recipe was found, I just felt like typing that. "Judas prophet" ... schiit, now we're entering Dune territory again. I thought Sammy was the Preacher. WTH he at, yo?!!? Maybe his felines finally turned on him.

Haha, I was just referring to his willingness to change his statement for 30 gold pin tubes.
LMAO! Nice one :) Just imagine, though, if those factories could be resurrected, and truly NIB tubes of those calibers could be made today (*cough* JJ *cough cough* "Tung-Sol" *cough*). A fella can dream.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #15,540 of 23,493
I was recently notified of your expulsion from the Tube Seller Association.

There will be no new tubes for you.

:triportsad:

I’m not sure how they could. With the amount of WE’s TK16 has, he’s not only a member; he’s also the president.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back