Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Dec 12, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #15,347 of 23,494
What is the difference between the E88C and E88CC models anyways.
The C tells that the tube is a triode. The CC tells that the tube is a double triode. That's enough to tell that the E88C is not a replacement for an E88CC.

Furthermore, one might think that the E88C is like half an E88CC. It isn't.

What they have in common is the 6.3V heater (the letter E) and the noval base (the first digit 8). That they share the second digit 8, is more or less coincidental.

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #15,352 of 23,494
Those tubes are rare, there's a single D-getter linked on the last page I think if your interested. I am passing because I do not know if I can find another TBH.

I saw a company that has, or had them for sale. Do you know how many variations they made of that tube? O getter, D getter or the like...., or, where they only made for a short time and are like the one's you linked?

Dec 12, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #15,354 of 23,494
20171212_180640.jpg Thanks @TK16 I will try and get more info.

So. I came home to a package ( which I know was the adapter for the 2C51 to 6922 ) and began to tear into it wanting to not wait another second to hear what all the rave is about with the 2C51 TUNG SOL. First impression is that they are very warm compared to the Valvo that I just got and isn't helping much with the LCD-X that also just came in the mail today. Hmmm, maybe I just don't like the LCD-X. The TUNG SOL sound VERY flat which I like and the mids really jump out at you.... and they even have bass to boot. They really are an amazing tube for the money and happy I bought them. Only thing I can complain about is that they're slightly noisy ( at tap on the table that the MJ2 is on will transmit through to my audio output ). Still a happy camper.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #15,357 of 23,494
I would say it's microphonics from what I have read. When I tap on the tube I can hear it through the amp. These tubes came from the same seller that you recommend so I've been told he is legit. Do you think he will exchange them?

Dec 12, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #15,360 of 23,494
I would say it's microphonics from what I have read. When I tap on the tube I can hear it through the amp. These tubes came from the same seller that you recommend so I've been told he is legit. Do you think he will exchange them?

I have experienced this as well. The tube was not noisy, it just gave a bit of a dull feedback through the headphones when tapped on, or the amp was thumped. Otherwise quiet as a bell. I would not return a tube unless it was constantly putting out noise (static, hiss, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back