Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Dec 3, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #15,166 of 23,494
Haha, awesome. So much for the hole in the wallet.
We're all a bunch of sad sacks......and I say that affectionately.
The lot of 11 ended and no one bit. Gotta be a reason not a single person went for these. At least I'll tell myself that.

No kidding, lol! I’m glad that I have a nice savings account but once I went down the headphone rabbit hole that savings account is starting to look like a leaky boat.

So for me no more tubes after the Siemens E188CC/Amp PW 6922 purchase. I think they’re going to outlast me.

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #15,169 of 23,494
No kidding, lol! I’m glad that I have a nice savings account but once I went down the headphone rabbit hole that savings account is starting to look like a leaky boat.

So for me no more tubes after the Siemens E188CC/Amp PW 6922 purchase. I think they’re going to outlast me.
You should not be able to find a sweeter sounding tube at that price at all.

Re the siemens you still can keep an eye out for a giid pair of cca from a non dodgy seller (silver or gray shield) was to close the books on that one too

Do let us know how the PW tubes come up

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #15,170 of 23,494
Dec 3, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #15,171 of 23,494

Re the siemens you still can keep an eye out for a giid pair of cca from a non dodgy seller (silver or gray shield) was to close the books on that one too

I think the last pinched pair I saw went close to $375. I’m a happy camper at $270 and I can’t wait to try them out.

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #15,172 of 23,494
Sure you can.....way cheaper....WE396A!
I totally agree.................to disagree :)

imho, ymmv, wdik*

*what do I know?

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #15,174 of 23,494
Could some recommend a bright sounding tube. Thanks
siemens cca (early - mid 60's) tube is vibrant, dynamic, punchy, very high levels of detail, great extension on both bottom and top end.
uniquely fantastic in that way
a "tour de force"

that could be classified as bright - i initially found it a little too aggressive with my hd800 with silver norne cable when i first got it
great with my lcd 2 and elear

can be a bit pricey however
brent jesse suggests not to get too caught up in silver v grey ( more expensive) shields (on the side)
mine are silver and i love 'em

edit: extra thoughts.....

another idea:

amperex military USA (usn cep) PQ shields 7308.
very neutral , perhaps a tad on the brighter side of neutral
good air and extension up high
nice mid-weight sound
nice spacious sound - good instrument separation
good clarity
nice defined bottom end
can pick them up for about $125 per pair if you look around

and =russian reflektor tubes i find are a little brighter but hit and miss around the place, but i like the balance better on the above amperex
@kolkoo might be able to help with more info there as i bought my air from him a while ago

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #15,175 of 23,494
Dec 4, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #15,176 of 23,494

I'm going to keep an eye out for the Siemen's CCAs/Holy Grail Reflektor but probably won't purchase them until next March. Once I have those in the collection I should be able to find a suitable pair to match any headphone in my inventory.

I think I've built up enough inventory to last me 40 years. :)

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #15,179 of 23,494
I'm going to keep an eye out for the Siemen's CCAs/Holy Grail Reflektor but probably won't purchase them until next March. Once I have those in the collection I should be able to find a suitable pair to match any headphone in my inventory.

I think I've built up enough inventory to last me 40 years. :)
I have had the 74 and 75 swgp silver shield Reflektors, I find the Reflektor 6N3P E better, at a miniscule fraction of the cost.

Dec 4, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #15,180 of 23,494
I've got four of those CEi 6N23Ps. They were "Made In Germany"... and I'm the Kaiser. I told the tale long ago, but I love how an American company got its hands on CCCP tubes during the Cold War. I think Spielberg's making the film version starring Tom Hanks and Angela Merkel. That's what an anonymous source close to the White House and Mueller investigation told me, anyway.

But seriously, I do have four of those tubes. Don't think they were marketed as CCa when I bought them. Hmmmmmm, I see re-sale value!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back