Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #7,486 of 8,735
Quote:
My limited exposure to the Russian tubes was a V shaped signature. Is this at all true of the 'Voshkod'?

The 6n23 Voshkod Rockets have a very unique upside down "flying saucer" getter.  I have never seen a getter like that in any other tube.  They are also made of exceptionally thick glass and are quite heavy.  The "Rocket" logo on mine is almost imperceptible.  You have to look at them under a strong light.

Stay away from the Russian Reflectors with a blue 'OTK' stamp - they suck.  Also for any of the 6n1s.

May 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #7,487 of 8,735
Quote:
The 6n23 Voshkod Rockets have a very unique upside down "flying saucer" getter.  I have never seen a getter like that in any other tube.  They are also made of exceptionally thick glass and are quite heavy.  The "Rocket" logo on mine is almost imperceptible.  You have to look at them under a strong light.

Stay away from the Russian Reflectors with a blue 'OTK' stamp - they suck.  Also for any of the 6n1s.

Just bought three with 1977 date stamps on E-bay for $24!~  How sick is that!!! That's $24 for ALL three

And another 10pc all the same 1980 date codes for $69!!~

May 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #7,488 of 8,735
Quote:
My limited exposure to the Russian tubes was a V shaped signature. Is this at all true of the 'Voshkod'?

What's nice both my Bada Amps use the 6922 as well!

When I first got these amps - I did a years worth of tube rolling.  Bought every 6dj8/6922/7302/CCa I could find, and back then they were more plentiful and much cheaper. Wound up selling all my S& H CCa gray and silver shield for a small fortune (but wish I kept them, as prices have almost doubled since!).  The grays were slightly better then the rockets in some ways - not worth the cost.  Especially when one S&H CCa died on me.

Notice those very sweet Toshiba MOSFET outputs on each side - runs in class A until 30 watts then biases over to A/B.  Dual massive Toroidal trannies for each channel and a dedicated R-core transformer for the 6922 tube class A, no feedback, pre-amp section.  Nice design!

May 29, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #7,489 of 8,735
May 29, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #7,490 of 8,735
Quote:
Ditto. Recycler here as well.
beerchug.gif

I'm seldom a seller, except after those rare times that my wife peeks in my tube drawer.
wink_face.gif

Must resist the temptation ..... no difficulty points ......

May 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #7,493 of 8,735
Quote:

Must resist the temptation ..... no difficulty points ......

I know...I know.
biggrin.gif

Just trying to be accurate, as I really do keep them in a drawer.

beerchug.gif

May 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #7,495 of 8,735
Quote:
I keep mine in a drawer too. Uh . . . Actually three drawers.

Well, it IS a big drawer.
wink_face.gif

Been meaning to ask...What's your fav tube with the Lyr and HD800?

May 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #7,500 of 8,735
Trying to find the right tube to pair with He400, to lessen bright treble. For instance the drums on some recordings sound too sharp. Currently using Telefunken 6922, and these aren't addressing this issue. I read maybe Siemens or Amperex 6dj8. Thanks for any tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back