Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #3,976 of 8,735
Quote:
Dayum, wish you'd have something earlier.  I've got a matched pair GLs in storage I'd made you a hellofadeal on.

No biggie.  I just hope they show up soon.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #3,978 of 8,735
Quote:
$240 is dead on. I'm willing to bet the other Lorenz owners here bought their tubes for $120. Now
if you'd care to be transparent maybe you'd confirm or deny that is what you paid Kremer. 
biggrin.gif

I purchased the Lyr (SH) and some tubes (including the Lorenz) from Kremer930 for the total amount of $550.00 AUD.  The Lyr retails here in Australia for $549.00 new and so Kremer930 and I agreed that this was a fair deal.  There was no breakdown of the price on a component by component basis, just a bundle price. 

Initially I was going to use my Meier StageDAC to run the Lyr, but decided it would match well with the Bifrost.  Listed my StageDAC  and Meier Corda Concerto amp for sale in the hope I could fund the Bifrost (with the sale of one, the other or both), but they haven't sold yet.  Therefore, I am parting with the Lorenz tubes to partly fund the SH Bifrost deal, which is only open for a limited time. 

Was concerned that people might think I was trying to make a quick buck on the tubes and so checked with Kremer930 to see if it was OK with him if I sold them.  He said that it was fine by him and so I went ahead. 

Quote:

$240 for the lot seems fair, assuming the fourth tube works.

All four tubes are fully functional.  What am I saying - they are beautiful (they are Lorenz Stuttgard after all). 

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #3,979 of 8,735
Quote:
$240 is dead on. I'm willing to bet the other Lorenz owners here bought their tubes for $120. Now
if you'd care to be transparent maybe you'd confirm or deny that is what you paid Kremer. 
biggrin.gif

Wolfdog doesnt know how much he paid for the tubes.  The price was a bundled package and I then threw in some extra things after the deal. 

Personally I think that he should sell them for market price.  That is what I paid when I bought them a year ago.  The market has moved. 

I am all for people supporting other headfiers enjoyment and accessability of this great hobby but when people on here raise accusations of flipping for a profit when the poor guy doesnt even know an itemised cost.... you need to get a life!!

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #3,980 of 8,735
Quote:
Wolfdog doesnt know how much he paid for the tubes.  The price was a bundled package and I then threw in some extra things after the deal. 

Personally I think that he should sell them for market price.  That is what I paid when I bought them a year ago.  The market has moved. 

I am all for people supporting other headfiers enjoyment and accessability of this great hobby but when people on here raise accusations of flipping for a profit when the poor guy doesnt even know an itemised cost.... you need to get a life!!

Well, that was the exception, but now he knows.

You can say it's fine for him to flip for a profit and some of us can
disagree or agree to disagree. However if you're listing on Head-Fi you will get called
out on it. Use eBay for profit, if that's your motive.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #3,981 of 8,735
Quote:
Well, that was the exception, but now he knows. 

You can say it's fine for him to flip for a profit and some of us can
disagree or agree to disagree. However if you're listing on Head-Fi you will get called
out on it. Use eBay for profit, if that's your motive.

Your sentences are not clear but let me say...Wolfdog is not flipping for a profit. 

He does not know what was paid a year ago.  All I said is that I paid market price.

I agree that people should not flip for a profit.  And for the record...they should not take it offline to Ebay to flip for a profit either.  They should support our hobby and keep the prices reasonable and accessible.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #3,982 of 8,735
Quote:
Your sentences are not clear but let me say...Wolfdog is not flipping for a profit. 

He does not know what was paid a year ago.  All I said is that I paid market price.

I agree that people should not flip for a profit.  And for the record...they should not take it offline to Ebay to flip for a profit either.  They should support our hobby and keep the prices reasonable and accessible.

The brief discussion of flipping for profit was mentioned. (see Sridhar3) Wolf did ask what he should sell them for,
I am the one that said the base price for the Lorenz at 2 pairs is $240. I then went on to say I bet most who have Lorenz
bought them for $120. Sridhar3 went even further pulling his invoice from Tubemonger a NOS pair were* $144.
However NOS Lorenz are rare so you mark the price down with them being used. Hence the standard price of $120/pair. I have bought 8 pairs
of Lorenz and only once paid over $200 for them. I knew I was overpaying, but I wanted more. 

When you're on eBay you aren't going to get called out for it. Your prerogative at that point. So it's a non issue.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #3,983 of 8,735
Hi everyone

Have just listed the Lorenz tubes for sale.

I am currently on long service leave from work and have enjoyed reading through this thread in its entirety.  The experience has been somewhat marred in the last twenty-four hours.  Please, let us forget all this, respect each other and get on with enjoying the music and sharing experiences with gear. 

Mutual respect and support is what makes Headfi such a great place.  May I suggest that PMs be used in preference to public posts if someone's integrity is being questioned.  I do not condone flipping and do not think I am guilty of it.  However, defamatory remarks have no place here and part of the terms of service are that they be avoided.

Now, I think I will get back to listening to some early sixteenth century choral music (William Cornysh performed by the Tallis Scholars) using my Lyr and HE-500s - Heaven!

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #3,985 of 8,735
Shameless plug: I am selling some Lorenz 2 mica and Mullard CV2493 for $100 flat. See listing.

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #3,986 of 8,735
When I got my first pair of Lorenzes ,they cost me.$299.00...8 months ago
First pair of Siemens Cca's--$289-

What are you people complaining about
Paradoxper is almost giving them away..
Paradoxper & HK,are the 2 finest members of this forum,{among others}..
Their selling prices are unbelievably low..I have done business with them ,a few times.

Whats all the  bitching & moaning,all about..
This is still the USA,he can sell then for a $1000.00 a pair ,if he wants to.

Aug 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #3,987 of 8,735
Quote:

I purchased the Lyr (SH) and some tubes (including the Lorenz) from Kremer930 for the total amount of $550.00 AUD.  The Lyr retails here in Australia for $549.00 new and so Kremer930 and I agreed that this was a fair deal.  There was no breakdown of the price on a component by component basis, just a bundle price. 

Initially I was going to use my Meier StageDAC to run the Lyr, but decided it would match well with the Bifrost.  Listed my StageDAC  and Meier Corda Concerto amp for sale in the hope I could fund the Bifrost (with the sale of one, the other or both), but they haven't sold yet.  Therefore, I am parting with the Lorenz tubes to partly fund the SH Bifrost deal, which is only open for a limited time. 

Was concerned that people might think I was trying to make a quick buck on the tubes and so checked with Kremer930 to see if it was OK with him if I sold them.  He said that it was fine by him and so I went ahead. 

All four tubes are fully functional.  What am I saying - they are beautiful (they are Lorenz Stuttgard after all). 

for what its worth ive been using the lyr and stagedac for over a year and like the combo quite a bit. however ive also enjoyed the lyr every time ive plugged it into the bifrost as well.
Quote:
Quote:
It's cool man, no hurry. That's a really good deal if you got both pair for 10 bucks

GE 6BQ7A NOS Gray Plate/$3.95 per tube (Tube Depot), 05-27-2011. RCA 6GU7 NOS Black Plate/$4.00 per tube (Deep Surplus) 07-07-2011

The GE's are definitely bigger in the low frequency department, in fact, they're bigger all the way around.  Keep in mind that mileage varies depending on your rig.
I employed HE-500/SB Touch/WMA lossless media/Bifrost/Lyr. 

im familiar with the 6bq7a, they are real old school, the predecessor to the 6dj8. Not as familiar with the 6gu7, is it a direct substitute for 6cg7/6fq7?

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #3,988 of 8,735
Quote:
Official word on 6CG7/6GU7: sure, they'll plug in and bias (Lyr is biased by a constant current source, so as long as the pinout is fine, it'll work), but I suspect the operating point won't be optimal. If the amp was designed for the 6CG7/6GU7, I'd personally run a significantly higher rail, since those tubes are essentially 6SN7s in a 9-pin envelope.

dailydoseofdaly - THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back