Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #2,491 of 8,735
Got my tube dampers from Herbie's Audio Lab on Saturday. They did not make the hum in my right channel tube go away, but I'm fairly certain that it's some weird power related issue.

They did however provide an all around improvement to my systems sound. Biggest things I noticed was more air in the highs and deeper bass. Not more bass, just deeper and more refined.

Well worth the 56 bucks imo.

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #2,492 of 8,735

Quote:
Got my tube dampers from Herbie's Audio Lab on Saturday. They did not make the hum in my right channel tube go away, but I'm fairly certain that it's some weird power related issue.

They did however provide an all around improvement to my systems sound. Biggest things I noticed was more air in the highs and deeper bass. Not more bass, just deeper and more refined.

Well worth the 56 bucks imo.

Which dampers did you order?

Is it possible to see a picture of the Lyr all dressed up in its new dampers?

Thanks

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #2,493 of 8,735
Of course they aren't the Lorenz...:wink_face:
But I think they do make a nice sounding tube for the Lyr.

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

My worst fear no Lorenz have shown up yet... I keep hoping one of the newer tube rollers comes up with like a box of Lorenz that were rotting in a strange box in a strange place on earth..
I have no energy left for searching...

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #2,494 of 8,735
Well I'm not around much anymore guys but do look at the thread from time to time. I probably will not check the site again until next year .as I am in another type of tube mode... Alas Guitar Amp tubes is my new sickness and takes me down the same path as the Lyr but actually not as expensive.. hahah from one tube to another these are the days of Scary's life.

So anyway wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holidays! I miss the epiphany's with the tube rolling.. I looked at my Ebay bill for this year and freaked out on how much I spent on tubes anyway It has been great fun...
that's not counting tubemonger and any tubes from Schiit or from other sources... haha

Please someone find some PC88 Lorenz's I only have two sets hahah <---- the sickness continues

Godspeed

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #2,495 of 8,735
^ I only have one set 
eek.gif

Happy Trails MrScary! 

M

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #2,496 of 8,735

Quote:
^ I only have one set 
eek.gif

Happy Trails MrScary! 

M

Only one 3-micca set, and one 2-micca gray sets of Lorenz :p

Happy holydays mrScary!

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #2,497 of 8,735
A picture on page 162.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/549508/schiit-lyr-the-tube-rolling-thread/2415
If I remember correctly there's one size for the 6922 dampners on Herbie's website.

Quote:
Which dampers did you order?

Is it possible to see a picture of the Lyr all dressed up in its new dampers?

Thanks

Thank you for being a tube wingman.  

Quote:
Well I'm not around much anymore guys but do look at the thread from time to time. I probably will not check the site again until next year .as I am in another type of tube mode... Alas Guitar Amp tubes is my new sickness and takes me down the same path as the Lyr but actually not as expensive.. hahah from one tube to another these are the days of Scary's life.
So anyway wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holidays! I miss the epiphany's with the tube rolling.. I looked at my Ebay bill for this year and freaked out on how much I spent on tubes anyway It has been great fun...
that's not counting tubemonger and any tubes from Schiit or from other sources... haha
Please someone find some PC88 Lorenz's I only have two sets hahah <---- the sickness continues
Godspeed

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #2,499 of 8,735
Dec 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #2,501 of 8,735
^ X2

M

Dec 13, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #2,502 of 8,735
Quote:
Godspeed

Take care and have Happy Holidays!  I'll let you know if I find any more Lorenz (after I stash away five or six sets for myself...Bwa-Ha-Ha!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
)...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back