Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #4,111 of 8,735
Quote:

SHHHHHH!!! My hearing will always be as good as it is now. La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la... 
gs1000.gif

WHAT!!!

Oct 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #4,113 of 8,735
What's the airiest, most spacious and crispest treble tube you guys know of that doesn't degrade the natural mids and bass quality of the LCD-2 Rev. 2?

Kojaku

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #4,115 of 8,735
Quote:
CCa Siemens & Halske E88CC, or Lorenz PC88 Stuttgart.

Care to detail the differences between the two? They both go for around 20 online...

Kojaku

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #4,117 of 8,735
Ok well bidding on those just skyrocketed haha xD...so how about the tubes Schiit offers? Between the JJs, 6N1Ps and the GE's which has the most expansive, airy presentation, with crisp treble without muddying up the rest of the FQ response on the LCD2 Rev. 2?

Kojaku

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #4,119 of 8,735
Yeah so how about dem stock tubes? Which ones are best for what I mentioned earlier :)?

Kojaku

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #4,120 of 8,735
Quote:
Yeah so how about dem stock tubes? Which ones are best for what I mentioned earlier :)?

Kojaku

So far in the Lyr I've only heard the GE's, JJ's, and Gold Lion 6922.  Obviously out of those 3 the GL's are the "best", but the GE's I'd say are better than the JJ's, and most I think would share that opinion, based on all the other replies in the thread.

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #4,121 of 8,735
GE's. It seems pretty much unanimous. the JJ's feel flat across the spectrum. But YMMV.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #4,122 of 8,735
Quote:
Care to detail the differences between the two? They both go for around 20 online...

Kojaku

The differences are in this thread however, hidden and I myself never updated a very old list of tubes. Just an idea because every persons equipment is different.
The CCa Simens & Halske have an incredible 3d sound stage with the right equipment sadly they are a tad shy on bass if one refuses to even EQ if you Eq they are unmatched all around..
Howerver, haha the Lorenz ummm have great bass good sound stage and hard as hell to find unless someone on the board has a set they are being nice enough to sell or the freak find elsewhere they are basically an extinct tube.

I have been fortunate a year and a half ago to steel CCa's from a new seller but for most people they are going to go from anywhere from 200.XX up were are a huge amount of these tubes made but
people horde them then sell them it goes in spurts as with all the Vintage tubes that have been found and are around some Tubes are gone pretty much for the common person....

You will never get them for 20.00 unless someone like cracked them then sold them as glass parts :)

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #4,123 of 8,735
Quote:
I can't recommend the 74 Siemens E88cc's with the Lyr/Bifrost combo.  The highs were incredibly harsh.

YOu are 100% correct on these tubes the Simens E88CC's made in the 70's are horrid sounding so bad that I have never been able to get them to sound good.. However, I have a set from the early 60's and they are totally different sound similar to the CCa's but without as much 3d space..
Be cautious with the Simens tubes :)

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #4,125 of 8,735
Quote:
I'm more shocked at the price tubemonger was selling them for, that I paid for..  Customer Beware.

What did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I do not use tubemonger accept for the Lorenz when they were around I bought a huge amount.. just curious or nevermind I am tired I will just see if they have any..
I think the funniest one I have seen is some guy on ebay that for like a year was selling a set of CCa's early 60's it appeard hard to 100% identify for over 650.00 for a set. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back