Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #3,496 of 8,735
Jun 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #3,497 of 8,735
I did not mean to sound snippy but I have the LYR(their ASGAARD as well) and I am very interested in finding (tubes you can actually get your hands on)
and trying different tubes to complement my Audeze LCD 2's & Senn HD 650's--

Also without breaking the bank--

I have read thru this long and very informative thread and it has really helped me out on this journey--

Just bought I believe the last pair of Mullard E88CC CV2492 DIMPLE DISK PAIR TAN- from Mister Rogers which should be here today & I can't wait to try them out--

Currently I have in the LYR the Matsu****a E88CC 6922 Japan - MINT NOS NIB Mullard Tooling from Tubemonger and they are my favorite over all 3 of the Schiit tube offerings which I have....

Great Day!!

Jack

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #3,498 of 8,735
Quote:
I did not mean to sound snippy but I have the LYR(their ASGAARD as well) and I am very interested in finding (tubes you can actually get your hands on)
and trying different tubes to complement my Audeze LCD 2's & Senn HD 650's--

Also without breaking the bank--

I have read thru this long and very informative thread and it has really helped me out on this journey--

Just bought I believe the last pair of Mullard E88CC CV2492 DIMPLE DISK PAIR TAN- from Mister Rogers which should be here today & I can't wait to try them out--

Currently I have in the LYR the Matsu****a E88CC 6922 Japan - MINT NOS NIB Mullard Tooling from Tubemonger and they are my favorite over all 3 of the Schiit tube offerings which I have....

Great Day!!

Jack

If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for the Mullards? We're seeing some real tube inflation, so what would breaking the bank be?

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #3,499 of 8,735
$90.00 From Mister Rogers

Jack

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #3,500 of 8,735
$80.00 for the MATSHU's from Tubemonger

Jack

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #3,501 of 8,735
"Those are not compatible with the Lyr, no?"

Yes ,they are,I have been using the 6CG7 & &6FQ7,for weeks now.,and I have the Lyr/lcd-2,hd650
I also checked with Upscale & they are compatible .
My thoughts were that this tube,which was made by Brimar,then relabeled as a Mazda...will give me the kind of warmth,,that the Mullards give me.

Here is Upscales number:
  909-931-9686 ,ask for Jerrod
Make sure you read the reviews for this tube
Hope this helps-Good Luck

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #3,502 of 8,735
Would doubling up that price be breaking the bank?

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #3,503 of 8,735
Quote:
"Those are not compatible with the Lyr, no?"

Yes ,they are,I have been using the 6CG7 & &6FQ7,for weeks now.,and I have the Lyr/lcd-2,hd650
I also checked with Upscale & they are compatible .
My thoughts were that this tube,which was made by Brimar,then relabeled as a Mazda...will give me the kind of warm,,that the Mullards give me.

Here is Upscales number:
  909-931-9686 ,ask for Jerrod
Make sure you read the reviews for this tube
Hope this helps-Good Luck

Ya learn something new everyday. Thank you, Mike. :)

You should buy those tubes and let me know how they are. I don't really wanna risk it, I've got other debts to pay off first. 

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #3,504 of 8,735
Doubling the price probably not but relative to the $20.00 for the Schiit 6BZ7 which sounds pretty darn good to these old ears yes it would be...

But I am new to tube amps and I am not sure what I am missing or not hearing well enough to know how much overall or quite a dramatic difference some of these higher priced difficult to find tubes would make-

I am just looking to find a reasonably priced available tube that will play well with my LCD 2's and 650's and then enjoying that and stop[ searching for what might be better--

I am also going the Balanced route with both the new BRYSTON SS Balanced Amp on order & also a Schiit MJOLNIR when available and looking forward to just enjoying the Music and not fussing with the next best Tube for my LYR---

Find what I like the best in the LYR and then moving on to just listening to my Music Collection

GREAT DAY!!!

Jack

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #3,505 of 8,735
Quote:
Doubling the price probably not but relative to the $20.00 for the Schiit 6BZ7 which sounds pretty darn good to these old ears yes it would be...

But I am new to tube amps and I am not sure what I am missing or not hearing well enough to know how much overall or quite a dramatic difference some of these higher priced difficult to find tubes would make-

I am just looking to find a reasonably priced available tube that will play well with my LCD 2's and 650's and then enjoying that and stop[ searching for what might be better--

I am also going the Balanced route with both the new BRYSTON SS Balanced Amp on order & also a Schiit MJOLNIR when available and looking forward to just enjoying the Music and not fussing with the next best Tube for my LYR---

Find what I like the best in the LYR and then moving on to just listening to my Music Collection

GREAT DAY!!!

Jack

Well, you can try some Gold Lions, Amperex, Mullard CV2493's, Nationals as stated above a few post. 

I'd honestly say you're not missing out on that much or enough to really worry about it. If you're liking what you're hearing with the tubes you've rolled, that's awesome! 

I personally feel the Mullards are the best quality tubes that don't break the bank I.e Siemens, Lorenz.

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #3,506 of 8,735
Quote:

GREAT DAY!!!

Jack

Try these for the Lyr...
I bought rom this seller..great communication..even better on price
See here:
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/230804237427?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Again,not a Lorenz,... tube,but a really nice tube.

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #3,507 of 8,735
I would like to try the Mullard CV 2493's but where to find them?

Then that's it..

Maybe...........

Jack

Jun 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #3,508 of 8,735
Mail just came And I got the Mullard E88CC CV2492 DIMPLE DISK PAIR TAN from Mister Rogers--

Plugged them in and about to give them a try with the LCD2's

Jack

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #3,509 of 8,735
Jun 9, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #3,510 of 8,735
Quote:
I would like to try the Mullard CV 2493's but where to find them?

Then that's it..

Maybe...........

Jack

I hold my Mullard CV2493's in high regard against my Siemens and Lorenz. But I also may be the only one. 
tongue.gif

You can check Tubemonger/Upscaleaudio first. Then if they're not in stock. Start searching a bit. 

Though Mike did buy a handful of pairs. He may have hogged 'em. 
wink_face.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back