Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #2,896 of 8,735

Quote:
When you hit $2500+ in less than six months, you'll be running with the big dogs! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers from a big dog! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I for one am happy to let YOU and Mrscary/Misterrogers pave the way. Save me some monies. You're all nuts!!! 
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #2,897 of 8,735

Quote:
I for one am happy to let YOU and Mrscary/Misterrogers pave the way. Save me some monies. You're all nuts!!! 
tongue.gif

HK,
So your in the same league as Mr. Scary..I think he told me ,he was over the 3k's mark
I just bought a beautiful Lorenz tube from him,at a very fair price....it is by far ,my best tube
He & Misterrogers are the best.

Paradoxper..why are we nuts?...your probably right up there with us?
And I thought photography was a killer hobby....???.childs play compared to this!!

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #2,898 of 8,735

Quote:
HK,
So your in the same league as Mr. Scary..I think he told me ,he was over the 3k's mark
I just bought a beautiful Lorenz tube from him,at a very fair price....it is by far ,my best tube
He & Misterrogers are the best.

Paradoxper..why are we nuts?...your probably right up there with us?
And I thought photography was a killer hobby....???.childs play compared to this!!

I also have tubes from Mrscary and HK, some CCa's and Lorenz. They are by far my best tubes.

No, no, no, they are the nutty ones. "WE" are just outside or below them. Safely, that is. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #2,900 of 8,735

Quote:
Yes and no, depending on tubes. When I use the SS with GE 6BZ7, the SS pop out along with the tubes when I change the tubes. When I use the SS with 6N1P, the SS does not pop out. The SS stayed inside Lyr. I hope the SS will loosen up after some time. By right, they should.

Good info, thanks. I'll have to try the SS with my other tubes later.

ckc

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #2,901 of 8,735

Quote:
I just ordered the matsu6922 and this will be my first time tube rolling.I currently have the stock ones and been listening to tunes for about a month now. I am still trying to find the best way to listen to music. I have a brp>MF V-dac II>old rotel preamp Rsp980(good two channel mode)>dt 990's(600ohm)/q701's. I also use itunes >dac>lyr>phones and I find using cd's sound better.

Of the two the PCC88 Tungstram sound much better atleast with Planar headphones you may have different results with the Beyer...

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #2,903 of 8,735

Quote:
When you hit $2500+ in less than six months, you'll be running with the big dogs! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers from a big dog! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Yep Hk you said it not much else one can say the good ole days... you know I think I have figured out a spell to wake the dead to make some more Lorenz Sttugarts for us just give me a few weeks have to invoke several demons of various names.. :)

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #2,904 of 8,735
 "When I use the SS with 6N1P, the SS does not pop out"
 And ,how do you get it out of the Lyr???

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #2,907 of 8,735

Dear Nerolucido,

Normally if one is actively looking for preamp tubes, it is best to contact a reliable tube dealer with such a specific request. 

Since you are in Europe, I can recommend Watford Valves. (http://www.watfordvalves.com/home.asp)
He is a very reliable Tube, or rather "Valve"(*) dealer based in the UK.
You can contact Derek Rocco at the following e-mail address sales@watfordvalves.com

What makes Watford Valves so reliable is that their valves are put through many torture tests before they are sold!

They also sell valves to many famous Rock bands.

(*) The British are very particular about their English. LOL :)
They are also very selective about whether or not they belong to the EU. ha ha :wink:

Sorry I am not familiar with any of the 6BZ7 family.

Wish you the best in your tube hunt!

Quote:
Thank you Lord Soth...but I'd rather not test my luck on ebay, because when I've learned the hard way what is the risk involved in buying tubes from private sellers. I'm afraid E188CCs are a bit beyond my reach... especially when you have to buy them in Europe.
Is there any other kind of tube that is less microphonic and more silent than E88CC? I mean, what about the 6BZ7 family? I'm more concerned about the hum, though since I can always use dampeners for microphonics
On the other hand, I really dig the tube dealer you've made me discover, then again, customs are unforgiving these days so...I'll have to think hard before I pull the trigger on those platinum tubes.

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #2,909 of 8,735
     Quote:
Yep Hk you said it not much else one can say the good ole days... you know I think I have figured out a spell to wake the dead to make some more Lorenz Sttugarts for us just give me a few weeks have to invoke several demons of various names.. :)

I'll start the paperwork for my Home Equity Loan...
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back