Schiit Lyr 3 Tube rolling thread.....
Apr 4, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #3,271 of 5,228
Your delusional state is becoming epic.

But cargo shorts? Are those on the shelf just above where your leisure suits hang? Or do you fold them neatly and keep them in the '72 Vega sitting on blocks in your front yard?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Cargo shorts = more pockets. More pockets = more tube storage. More tube storage = Winning! Go ahead and be jealous, but don't hate the playa that out-plays ya. :kissing_heart:

And yes that's a good ole American Chevy Vega, man! :flag_um: Not some un-American broken-ass traitor Mazda. As soon as you make the last payment on my Vega you can come get it and stop taking the bus to work and back :p

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #3,272 of 5,228
Cargo shorts = more pockets. More pockets = more tube storage. More tube storage = Winning! Go ahead and be jealous, but don't hate the playa that out-plays ya. :kissing_heart:

And yes that's a good ole American Chevy Vega, man! :flag_um: Not some un-American broken-ass traitor Mazda. As soon as you make the last payment on my Vega you can come get it and stop taking the bus to work and back :p
Is that a short-bottle 6SN7 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Apr 4, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #3,273 of 5,228
It's not the size of ones tube but what one does with their tube. :sunglasses:

Apr 4, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #3,274 of 5,228

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #3,275 of 5,228
The wheels are on my ATV, but once paid for you can have them. And I prefer grits as any self-respecting Southerner would. :smirk:

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #3,276 of 5,228
I should look at doing something similar. I'm normally around 9:00 with the Lyr's volume pot which is likely not the optimum spot for best channel balance.
If you don't need two outputs from the passive, the Schiit SYS is a good choice, although the Tisbury has also the advantage of switch-settable -10dB and -20dB attenuation levels.

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #3,277 of 5,228
I put a SYS in-between my DAC and studio monitors as a volume control when I had to start using XLR output from my Gumby to the DSHA-3F. (3F is XLR only)

It's audibly transparent and worth the meager asking price. B-stock is $35.

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #3,278 of 5,228
No kidding. The Reliatron D-getter I bought from you (thanks again!) totally revived the Lyr 3 for me, after several months of neglect while I listened to my exotic Apex Peak+Psvane 6SN7-SE setup. There's something just magical in the Metrum Onyx>Lyr 3+D-getter>MrSpeakers Ether C Flow 1.1 chain for modern jazz that I can't quite put my finger on but keeps me hooked way too late in the evening. The only sad part is that the D-getter won't last forever and when it goes it will be very unlikely that D-getters are still available.

For my music tastes and with this DAC, amp, and headphones, the D-getter beats the Psvane tubes (6SN7-SE and 6SN7-UK) and throws some shade on the Apex Peak setup. Impressive. But YMMV.
BTW, I'm really glad you like this tube. It's good to know it's being enjoyed. :)

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #3,279 of 5,228
Apr 5, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #3,280 of 5,228

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #3,281 of 5,228
Wait....I was just convinced I didn't need to worry about this. Now I do? Or not? Maybe? Damnit.

:stuck_out_tongue:
I have tried out the sys with my LP for this and it worked quite well, but did not give me as much range as I wanted, before it squashed the dynamics. However, I think it could work well with the Lyr 3.

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #3,282 of 5,228
I have tried out the sys with my LP for this and it worked quite well, but did not give me as much range as I wanted, before it squashed the dynamics. However, I think it could work well with the Lyr 3.
I am actually debating buying a Saga to put in front of the Lyr 3...
Did anyone here try to use the Schiit Saga to attenuate the Lyr input? (sorry, do not remember if discussed before or not...)

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #3,283 of 5,228
I am actually debating buying a Saga to put in front of the Lyr 3...
Did anyone here try to use the Schiit Saga to attenuate the Lyr input? (sorry, do not remember if discussed before or not...)
Oh! I like that idea! More tubes and a remote!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #3,285 of 5,228
Ideally schiit should have added a middle gain option, with a 3-way switch, but some RCA attentuators may work just as well.
I have a pair of Harrison 12db attenuator rca, but have noy tried them yet. Has anyone here ever tried them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back