Schiit Lokius Impressions & Reviews
Feb 18, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #168 of 305
Does it matter if you leave the Lokius in "active" mode when you turn it off and on? My practice has been to switch it to bypass when turning it off, but not really sure if it matters. I do this with my Loki too. My thinking is that there are less electronics engaged with it in bypass, and easier on the unit when turning it on. But that is a neophytes thought when it comes to these things (engineering, etc.)

Feb 18, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #169 of 305
I’m going to pick one of these up… while the market seems limited, it’d be nice to see more of these types of EQs available.

Feb 18, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #171 of 305
^^^ Probably. I have the Loki, and prefer it over software. The additional 2 bands make the Lokius more desirable. An 8 or 10 band EQ would even be better.

Feb 19, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #172 of 305
I'm going to be sending my Lokius back. I just got Hifiman Arya and noticed the Lokius collapses the Soundstage which is just not going to cut it.

Feb 19, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #173 of 305
I'm going to be sending my Lokius back. I just got Hifiman Arya and noticed the Lokius collapses the Soundstage which is just not going to cut it.
What component's do you have connected to the Lokius? I find the Lokius to be really transparent. I'm using mine with a Dave and there is no lose of resolution or transparency.

Feb 19, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #175 of 305
I got the Lokius less than two weeks ago. I can toggle the bypass/active switch and immediately tell the stage has closed in. Everything becomes more forward almost like I just bumped everything up by a DB or two except I haven't applied any EQ. I'm running a BF2 xlr > Lokius xlr > Jot 2 xlr > Arya

Feb 19, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #176 of 305
The only time I noticed any type of difference like that was when I first got it, try leaving it on for a full day and see if it makes a difference. I would also check your power supply, try swapping it out if you have another one laying around

Feb 19, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #177 of 305
The only time I noticed any type of difference like that was when I first got it, try leaving it on for a full day and see if it makes a difference. I would also check your power supply, try swapping it out if you have another one laying around
It hasn't been turned off since I got it. I definitely don't have other power supplies laying around. Considering I got the Arya v2 for the Soundstage this is absolutely a deal breaker when it comes to the Lokius. It's a great device and a bummer for sure

That said it looks like my replacement Lokius knobs will be on sale when I receive them

Feb 19, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #179 of 305
You need to burn in the Lokius for a bit. I had your exact same setup and didn't have your issues but if your not happy with it you are probably better off returning it
It's going back. If Schiit had a longer return policy I'd hold off. Thanks though

Mar 6, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #180 of 305
I never liked the stock knobs on my Lokius, so I replaced them with the set of aluminum ones. IMO they look much better, partially because they don't have the alignment issues like those my unit came with.

Here's the link for those who decide to do the same swap. A black version is also available.
*For some reason the link opens correctly on my PC only with the Shift key

PXL_20211226_010157965.jpg
PXL_20211226_010137065.jpg
Quoting to show pictures. I ordered these knobs in black and received them. However I don't have a Lokius anymore. If anyone is interesting I paid $20 so that's what I'm asking, I'll pay shipping. US only please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back