Schiit Lokius Impressions & Reviews
Jan 28, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #139 of 305
Just upgraded my Loki+ to the Lokius. So far, I'm not sure. I kind of liked the simplicity of the 4-band. Now I might be fiddling too much, to get the sound right. Good to have more choice though, I think? I still generally love what the Schiit EQ has done for my listening pleasure, particularly with my brighter/peakier headphones (like my HE1000V2 and SE).

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #140 of 305
OK, as it's been warming up, I've been warming up to it a little more. Not sure if it's just my imagination, but compared to the Loki+, this Lokius seems to have a bit lower noise floor/a blacker background, and I'm hearing a bit of improvement in soundstaging/imaging. (So far I've just been using my HE1000SE). It is pretty cool to be able to give the sound some more shapes.

Also BTW, gotta love the sense of humor in the owner's manual. Certainly the most entertaining (albeit short) manual I've read, lol. (Short and sweet?) Kudos to the witty approach to this very heavy serious business of audio obsessiveness :)

Jan 29, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #141 of 305
Any reason for the holes in the top panel? (Unlike the Loki/Loki+) Venting holes? And different amounts aligned with each dial? Just aesthetic?

And does anyone feel a little put out that Schiit came out with an upgraded equalizer (Loki Max) so soon after the Lokius? Or the four of them-- Loki, Loki+, Lokius, Loki Max-- seemed to come out in fairly quick succession. I'm happy to see constant R&D and product improvement, but just when you get happy with one thing... "Welcome to Head-Fi," I guess. Nonetheless, I'm good with the Lokius for now. For my equipment/rack configuration at the moment I like that it's more compact than the Loki Max.

Jan 29, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #142 of 305
Any reason for the holes in the top panel? (Unlike the Loki/Loki+) Venting holes? And different amounts aligned with each dial? Just aesthetic?

And does anyone feel a little put out that Schiit came out with an upgraded equalizer (Loki Max) so soon after the Lokius? Or the four of them-- Loki, Loki+, Lokius, Loki Max-- seemed to come out in fairly quick succession. I'm happy to see constant R&D and product improvement, but just when you get happy with one thing... "Welcome to Head-Fi," I guess. Nonetheless, I'm good with the Lokius for now. For my equipment/rack configuration at the moment I like that it's more compact than the Loki Max.
Loki has been around for years.
For instance, here is a 2018 review -- https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/schiit-loki-breaks-a-cardinal-audiophile-rule/

Jan 29, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #143 of 305

Well most of us Who follow their threads knew that there is more in the pipeline when the Loki+ was released.

The only ones that couldn't know, were those Who bought a Loki right before the release of Loki+, but there were a few years in between.

Jan 29, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #144 of 305
Ah, OK. Still, between the release of the Lokius and Loki Max was what-- six months? On the other hand, perhaps the idea was that they would appeal to different consumers, given the considerable price difference. Speaking of, gotta love Schiit for their good pricing.

Jan 29, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #145 of 305
BTW, I actually did purchase the Loki, Loki+, and Lokius all right at their time of release. (I thought the time-frame was more concise--so much for my sense of time). It just seemed like right before I knew it, there was another iteration of a Schiit EQ-- mostly I mean between the Lokius and Loki Max. Surely, I can imagine, some of us who had purchased the Lokius at time of release, and yet who would also be able to afford the Loki Max, would feel a bit frustrated, having practically just bought the Lokius, and now having the upgrade available? I gather from the ongoing Schiit production posts that the Loki Max was a long time in the planning, and only able to produce around the time they had released the Lokius. In any event, I'm quite happy with the Lokius for now. It is an upgrade in my system. Cheers to Schiit for these good yet affordable products.

Jan 29, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #146 of 305
BTW, I actually did purchase the Loki, Loki+, and Lokius all right at their time of release. (I thought the time-frame was more concise--so much for my sense of time). It just seemed like right before I knew it, there was another iteration of a Schiit EQ-- mostly I mean between the Lokius and Loki Max. Surely, I can imagine, some of us who had purchased the Lokius at time of release, and yet who would also be able to afford the Loki Max, would feel a bit frustrated, having practically just bought the Lokius, and now having the upgrade available? I gather from the ongoing Schiit production posts that the Loki Max was a long time in the planning, and only able to produce around the time they had released the Lokius. In any event, I'm quite happy with the Lokius for now. It is an upgrade in my system. Cheers to Schiit for these good yet affordable products.
I've been thinking about trying a Lokius in my system. I see you have an AWAS as well. Would you be able to give me an idea of how well it responds to adding some bass via the Lokius?

Jan 30, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #147 of 305
I've been thinking about trying a Lokius in my system. I see you have an AWAS as well. Would you be able to give me an idea of how well it responds to adding some bass via the Lokius?
I haven't listened with the AT yet. I've been too enamored with how the Lokius is doing with my HE1000SE to switch to anything else yet. But if/when I get to the AWAS, I'll let you know.

EDIT: OK, just pulled out the AT AWAS. (I'm probably not the best person to ask for AT headphones-- maybe others here have more experience used with Schiit EQ?) Anyway, putting on some electric fusion with a Chick Corea Electric Band album: With a little boost, the bass becomes satisfying enough on the usually bass-shy AT headphone(s); but more importantly for me, the Lokius can tame the somewhat shouty upper-midrange, and the peaky treble. Makes the AWAS more listenable for me. The trade-off though, is some loss of transparency, and perhaps some imaging. So, I dunno. Kind of a mixed bag with the AWAS. But I still prefer to use the Schiit EQ in the mix. For most of my headphones really.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #148 of 305
I never liked the stock knobs on my Lokius, so I replaced them with the set of aluminum ones. IMO they look much better, partially because they don't have the alignment issues like those my unit came with.

Here's the link for those who decide to do the same swap. A black version is also available.
*For some reason the link opens correctly on my PC only with the Shift key

PXL_20211226_010157965.jpg

PXL_20211226_010137065.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #149 of 305
I never liked the stock knobs on my Lokius, so I replaced them with the set of aluminum ones. IMO they look much better, partially because they don't have the alignment issues like those my unit came with.

Here's the link for those who decide to do the same swap. A black version is also available.

PXL_20211226_010157965.jpg
PXL_20211226_010137065.jpg
Those look really nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back