Schiit Lokius Impressions & Reviews
May 24, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #197 of 305
Wished it was a stock item but seems I have to wait a bit for my order to ship.
I'm guessing like every other manufacturer parts are an issue.

May 26, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #198 of 305
Jun 4, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #199 of 305
I just received the Lokius yesterday. While the site stated 4-6 wks for delivery, it arrived in less than 4 wks. Surprisingly, I actually prefer the Loki over the Lokius. The Loki just sounds better and has more impact when adjusting the bands, which is understandable as it has 2 less bands… but I found that the 20Hz adjustment for the Lokius does very little, which is disappointing. Also, the black powder coating and graphics don’t match my other black Schiit component(s), which isn’t a big deal, but noticeable.

492D0B1C-1E79-44E5-8D9F-F0D4D24CAD83.jpeg

Jun 4, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #200 of 305
I found that my Lokius improved after a few days of use-- a cleaner, blacker background. At first I wasn't sold, but then it got better. I wouldn't go back to the Loki/+ now (good as they are). I also prefer the somewhat larger footprint/somewhat greater weight-- my stiff Tara Labs interconnects used to lift the Loki off the ground.

Jun 6, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #201 of 305
Contradicting experiences indeed. anyone else compared the Loki and Lokius ? 🙄

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #203 of 305
Also I ordered my Lokius yesterday and received it today. I live rather close, but still, had no delay of any kind.

so far it’s a clean black background. I don’t notice any influence from the Lokius other than the dial tweaks I apply.

30E2D46A-BF78-4161-897C-E771988B25EF.jpeg

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #205 of 305
Also I ordered my Lokius yesterday and received it today. I live rather close, but still, had no delay of any kind.

so far it’s a clean black background. I don’t notice any influence from the Lokius other than the dial tweaks I apply.

30E2D46A-BF78-4161-897C-E771988B25EF.jpeg
I have a similar experience. I have to admit that I can't hear any differences between turning the bypass switch on and enabling the EQ with all the knobs in their 12 o'clock (neutral) position. But I like to turn the bypass switch on when I'm not using the EQ anyway :)

Aug 13, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #206 of 305
Has anyone put a linear PS on the Lokius? Any improvement over the standard Schiitwart?

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #207 of 305
Has anyone put a linear PS on the Lokius? Any improvement over the standard Schiitwart?
Lokius needs an AC wallwart; external DC power supplies will not work (and may damage something). from the PCB pics posted on the website and in online reviews, the internal PSU is linear with multiple regulation / filtering stages. If you have one of the older 2 Amp 15VAC wallwarts (a few years ago, these shipped with Magni 3+, etc), you can try that one.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #208 of 305
No audible improvement, the Included PS does not introduce any noise.

Aug 26, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #209 of 305
Contradicting experiences indeed. anyone else compared the Loki and Lokius ? 🙄
Thanks for the invitation to throw in my 2 cents worth!

I bought the original Loki Mini a couple of months before the Mini+ was released. To my ears, it is completely transparent when set to flat (also tested by switching back-and-forth to to an amp input that skips the Loki entirely). And the 4 bands are good for adjusting the tonal balance in broad strokes: bass, lower-mids, upper-mids and air.

But in time I was craving some finer control than just 4 bands. I think there's a saying, "boost wide, cut narrow", and the Mini can't do the latter. So sometimes it was necessary to dust off my ancient Marantz 10-band EQ (which is the "nuclear option" because it does introduce distortion), either as a band-aid for a bad recording or when I wanted to fatten up the sub-bass without making the mid-bass bloated (maybe it's my room or just inside my head, but I'm often dialling back the region around 125 Hz). Anyway, the Lokius is great for the latter. Having an extra band at both the bottom and top ends is very useful, and I wouldn't go back to a Mini.

On both the Mini and the Lokius, I often liked to turn up the highest band a bit (perhaps compensating for some hearing loss...?), to make the cymbals sweeter and give the sound a more spacious feeling. And I don't think either the Mini or the Lokius has caused distortion for me, even when maxxing out the 20 Hz gyrator (although if the recording is distorted to start with, then cranking the dial can exaggerate that).

Maybe the other people's comments about the 20Hz dial having more effect on the Mini are because it has wider bands, therefore the lowest dial extends further into the mid-bass range. I think the Lokius could get the same result, but you'd need to also turn up the 120 Hz dial a bit.

As an aside, I'd been keeping an eye on Schiit's development of the Lokius and Max for a while, and was disappointed when it was announced that the Max would also only have 6 bands. If it had more bands than the Lokius, I would have been sorely tempted to get the Max instead. But I've since changed my opinion about the number of bands, and now believe that 6 is a good number for general duties ("thump, mid-bass, body, clarity, highs and air"). If you're wanting finer control than that, then a parametric EQ is probably the answer. So I'm still actually tempted now to shell out for a Loki Max... admittedly mostly because seeing the faders (ok, dials) snap into place for each preset is a really cool party trick :ksc75smile:

Thanks for reading my vague ramblings.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #210 of 305
Thanks for the invitation to throw in my 2 cents worth!

I bought the original Loki Mini a couple of months before the Mini+ was released. To my ears, it is completely transparent when set to flat (also tested by switching back-and-forth to to an amp input that skips the Loki entirely. And the 4 bands are good for adjusting the tonal balance in broad strokes: bass, lower-mids, upper-mids and air).

But in time I was craving some finer control than just 4 bands. I think there's a saying, "boost wide, cut narrow", and the Mini can't do the latter. So sometimes it was necessary to dust off my ancient Marantz 10-band EQ (which is the "nuclear option" because it does introduce distortion), either as a band-aid for a bad recording or when I wanted to fatten up the sub-bass without making the mid-bass bloated (maybe it's my room or just inside my head, but I'm often dialling back the region around 125 Hz). Anyway, the Lokius is great for the latter. Having an extra band at both the bottom and top ends is very useful, and I wouldn't go back to a Mini.

On both the Mini and the Lokius, I often liked to turn up the highest band a bit (perhaps compensating for some hearing loss...?), to make the cymbals sweeter and give the sound a more spacious feeling. And I don't think either the Mini or the Lokius has caused distortion for me, even when maxxing out the 20 Hz gyrator (although if the recording is distorted to start with, then cranking the dial can exaggerate that).

Maybe the other people's comments about the 20Hz dial having more effect on the Mini are because it has wider bands, therefore the lowest dial extends further into the mid-bass range. I think the Lokius could get the same result, but you'd need to also turn up the 120 Hz dial a bit.

As an aside, I'd been keeping an eye on Schiit's development of the Lokius and Max for a while, and was disappointed when it was announced that the Max would also only have 6 bands. If it had more bands, I would have been tempted at the time to get the Max instead of the Lokius. But that's now changed, I actually think that 6 bands is a good number for general duties ("thump, mid-bass, body, clarity, highs and air"), and if you're wanting finer control than that, then a parametric EQ is probably the answer. So I'm still actually tempted now to shell out for a Loki Max... admittedly mostly because seeing the faders (ok, dials) snap into place for each preset is a really cool party trick :ksc75smile:

Thanks for reading my vague ramblings.
Glad to have the Lokius feedback from this thread! Just bought one based on your comments. I also have a Loki Mini original
which I have found very useful, but wanted the extra two bands. Will be using the Lokius with a "daily driver" Schiit system:
Schiit Modius, Lokius, Jotunheim 1 with both single ended and balanced headphones. Thanks for all of the useful input about the
Lokius on this thread! 😊

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back