Schiit LISST Impressions
Jan 15, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #76 of 116
The best way to answer such a question would likely to be by A/B'ing the MJ1 and the MJ2+LISST's. If they sound close to each other then you could make the argument that the LISST are not unusually flat but rather are just neutral (as many on this thread have opined). 

From my personal experience the LISST's are, in fact, simply a more neutral, arguably precise, sound than most tubes. The difference between tubes and LISST's just seems more pronounced because you can make the change in a matter of seconds, effectively allowing you to A/B before you forget the sound signature of either option.

If you are looking for a "swiss army knife" amp that will allow you the musicality most people desire for casual listening and the neutral tone required for critical listening then the LISST's would be a good investment.

I hope that helps.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #78 of 116
I'm about to order the LISST's for my LYR-1. I see most everyone has the LYR-2. Anyone using them with the LYR-1? Thanks.

I have them for my Lyr 1. They work great. I'm not sure how the noise levels would be with low impedance cans. I'm using HD600 HE400i and K240 Sextetts. They are a nice option when you don't always want to run glass.

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #79 of 116
I have them for my Lyr 1. They work great. I'm not sure how the noise levels would be with low impedance cans. I'm using HD600 HE400i and K240 Sextetts. They are a nice option when you don't always want to run glass.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I look forward to getting them, it's very interesting how you can transform the Lyrs to solid state. I usually do use low impedance cans, but hope it will still work out good.

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #85 of 116
  Hi all.

How LISST drives with electronical music?

Anybody tried?

I would say they do excel for that type of music. 

Apr 2, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #87 of 116
Thanks for reply.

How long takes for warming LISST tubes? 30-50 hours?

That might not be too far off. Initially I didn't like the LISSTs but there was probably some break in going on. I would plug them in and never turn off the amp. Don't judge them too seriously for the first few days.

Apr 3, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #89 of 116
I'm really enjoying a lower bass extension and  more accurate performance and impact with the LISSTs versus any tubes I've tried to date. Mids seems a bit grainy at first but are actually settling down nicely. Highs to me sound the same as tubes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back