Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 17, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #143,686 of 149,419
Precious meow-ments with Stella.
20240316_231158.jpg

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #143,687 of 149,419
Even better Apogee Duetta Signatures….stomped the Maggies of that time (Ribbons)… til death do us part (hopefully)
Oh, WOW, man. Epic!
They look like friggin doors lol.

Talk about a Sonic Gateway!

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #143,688 of 149,419
Thank you for the welcome. I’ve been lurking for years but decided to actually join the conversation. Between Christmas and my recent (75th) birthday I have purchased Meze Empyrean II headphones, a Mjonir 3 amp, and just lately a Yggy GS2+ with the A1 card. I’ve decided to listen more critically. I’ve been listening to the Schiit stuff since about 2018. FWIW, at my age my first listening was all LP starting with my parents huge cabinet Telefunken all-in-one stereo (I wish I had the tubes from inside that thing). I still listen to Thelonius Monk, Stan Getz, Dave Brubeck, etc. on LPs from the 70’s bought as a young man. I was pretty careful with them and never threw them out like some people. Probably a 300+ CD collection. Your suggestion about the radio station would give me needed background to inform my listening.
You've been busy!

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #143,689 of 149,419
I power off at night both the Freya+ and the Mjolnir3. Bifrost has been on 24/7 since beginning of the year. I am un-inclined to leave units powered up 24/7
Yeah, MJ3 definitely gets turned off at night, lest it melt something nearby. :) Aegirs / Tyrs always on stand-by when not in use. Both Yggys and Loki Max are on all the time, 'cept when I'm out of town.

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #143,690 of 149,419
No Oregon Spirit in Maryland, DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania or West Virginia which covers my neighborhood and in MD we can’t get liquor shipped in. I’m 43 years with the same girl from Boring. I will work on this.
Wait- what do you mean you "can't get liquor shipped in?" Like, you can't order online whiskey??

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #143,692 of 149,419
Your Straight American house Bourbon is more than very good. It's excellent. It also demands respect at 94 proof. The BIB is fantastic too, but at 100 proof it has a greater tendency to sneak up on you me... 🍸

We really appreciate your work!
This does my heart so much good 😊

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #143,693 of 149,419
Mar 17, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #143,694 of 149,419
Mar 17, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #143,695 of 149,419
No Oregon Spirit in Maryland, DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania or West Virginia which covers my neighborhood and in MD we can’t get liquor shipped in. I’m 43 years with the same girl from Boring. I will work on this.
Boring. Like, Boring, Oregon? Appropriate name for a blink-and-miss-it town near Portland.

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #143,696 of 149,419
Mar 17, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #143,697 of 149,419
Bought a couple of new ChiFi 'Audiophile' level power cords. Using them with the Aegir 2 and Feya+ N. This allowed me to shift a few cords over to upgrade the ones on my Incubus HP amp and CD player / transport so now all have Pangea except for Aegir 2 and Freya.

For all you power cable naysayers...

You're truly missing out. After installing the power cords, music I've never heard before sounded like I've never heard it before. I'm hearing details and nuances never heard previously. It's as if I was hearing the music I'd never heard previously for the first time! And this is with no burn-in time! It's only gonna get better as the months go by!

Here's the link in case you wish to assuage your case of FOMO.

https://a.co/d/hPXXNcn

😉

The Pangeas were a tad more than I wanted to spend given that only the SE is available now, so I thought I'd give the Amazon 30 day trial a go with these. They are built like a tank.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #143,698 of 149,419
Mar 17, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #143,699 of 149,419
Many states do not allow it.
Sadly, Texas is among those that prohibit mail-order liquor. So much for individual rights. 🙄

** Somebody's paying somebody, I suspect.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #143,700 of 149,419
Just wanted to share how awesome it has been seeing so many different people on here from all over the country talking about Oregon Spirit whiskies and gin.

I first started engaging in this thread with questions about my planned Schiit Kara / Aegir / Zu DW6 system I was putting together. With excellent advice from several people, most especially several messages from @mystaiced, I ended up getting a Freya N on closeout instead, being able to incorporate that into my existing system - I love that thing! - and am now just planning out funds for (now) an Aegir 2 and the Zu's.

Anyway, it's been a weird period of transition at the distillery with our head distiller retiring to move his family to Portugal for some well-earned rest and traveling. But then, the very week of his retirement, our Production Manager (and former head distiller and my mentor and one of my favorite persons in the world) Brandy announced that she, too, was leaving the distillery for an opportunity more inline with future goals. I've been at OSD for four and a half years, and the departure of these two beloved people has been impacting me in a really big way this past week. So, to see all the appreciative comments around your experiences with the spirits I get to help craft has been very helpful and cathartic for me as I adjust to new realities (and a new supervisor, aka the owner) in the weeks / months / years to come.

I'm not on here to sell anything or saturate the thread with my job, but I do so love all the feedback and photos you guys share of a product that forms the bulk of what is the best job I have ever had. So cheers to that and to y'all! I appreciate you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back