Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 17, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #143,656 of 151,186
Newsflash!

This torrent of post is interrupted by leaked video surveillance by our beloved Finnegan!

Finnegan remaked, "At first I didn't mind Tom cleaning the shop floor with me. I like Tom and felt compelled to let him into my space. But with so many flight boards in production I am getting weary of licking wood chips out of my fir. My sleep is constantly being interrupted and the root causes is a whole bunch of old men somewhere getting laughs at my expense! I just want my cardboard, my chessboard, my chair, my treats, my tubes, and my shop back for my sleep!"
IMG_20240317_110424688~2.jpg

"It's enough to drive a cat to drink!" :)

"Maybe I'll let him sit in my chair, he seems to be taking a break!"

Mar 17, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #143,657 of 151,186
I just put on Black Acid Soul, loving it from Qobuz-Gungnir-Incubus Elegans-Focal Utopias. Finnegan is on my lap listening through PrimaLuna to my speaker system.IMG_7542.jpeg
And Cookie is staring forlornly at the empty table wondering why Folkvangr is still not in its place. :sweat:

Cookie Empty Table.jpg

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #143,659 of 151,186
Where is it??
Mixed in with the other 250 boxes in the soon-to-be audio room waiting to be unpacked. My silly wife seems to be more focused on getting the kitchen and bedrooms set up first. I know, I know, but sometimes marriage requires compromise. 🤣

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #143,660 of 151,186
Mixed in with the other 250 boxes in the soon-to-be audio room waiting to be unpacked. My silly wife seems to be more focused on getting the kitchen and bedrooms set up first. I know, I know, but sometimes marriage requires compromise. 🤣
Phew! Thought you were Fv-less for a minute...

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #143,661 of 151,186
My humble Vali 2++ or Valhalla 2 are very nice pre amp, feed to Aegir 1, wonderful combination, sounds very good to my ears.
Yeah, when I started I really wanted tube amps, but I have fairly inefficient speakers (86 dB) and like to listen at higher volumes and some of the amps I was looking at that would meet those needs, use at least 4 KT88, KT120 or KT150's so the decision to go solid state for amps and tube for pre was a no brainer for me.

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #143,662 of 151,186
I checked and Rowan’s Creek is available a couple places here in town for $50 or so. I have had Willetts before, the Pot Still Reserve is such an easy bottle to remember. 😉IMG_7194.jpeg Center section toward the top.
Nice collection! I guess I'm not surprised after after seeing your gear photos and hearing about your tube collection.
Your whiskey for wood working exchange appears to be going well!

:slight_smile:

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #143,664 of 151,186
Yeah, when I started I really wanted tube amps, but I have fairly inefficient speakers (86 dB) and like to listen at higher volumes and some of the amps I was looking at that would meet those needs, use at least 4 KT88, KT120 or KT150's so the decision to go solid state for amps and tube for pre was a no brainer for me.
I am running eight KT 90’s in one amp, I can go as high as KT-150’s but no reason to. Only 87 db SPL for me. My Cary with four KT 88’s gets to be tricky.😉

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #143,665 of 151,186
Nice collection! I guess I'm not surprised after after seeing your gear photos and hearing about your tube collection.
Your whiskey for wood working exchange appears to be going well!

:slight_smile:
This is my son’s overflow from his home bar, I tend to do quality over quantity. 😉 speaking of woodworking I do have a rustic flight board that is reversible for different size glasses nearly completed. This one I would trade for a vinyl Black Acid Soul album. After listening, I must own it.🤪

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #143,666 of 151,186
Our Bourbon is very good, but I've always considered it more of an enthusiasts spirit than a beginner's due to the complexity of the four grain mashbill (corn, rye, wheat, barley) and the fact that it's got a slightly leaner body compared to many Kentucky bourbons which really lean into that stereotypical caramel richness. But it's never a spiky or challenging dram, either, so it is fine for novice drinkers, too. It might just be a little different than one's preconceptions.
Your Straight American house Bourbon is more than very good. It's excellent. It also demands respect at 94 proof. The BIB is fantastic too, but at 100 proof it has a greater tendency to sneak up on you me... 🍸

We really appreciate your work!

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #143,667 of 151,186
I believe that you aren't looking very hard. Most of the music I listen to is acoustic and unplugged. And damn little of it is classical, and none of it is jazz.

Am I the only one here tha just doesn't like JAZZ? I've never figured out why, I love atonal and percussive classical, but just dislike almost all jazz.
Where do you find your unplugged acoustic music?

e.g. I was at a local brewery yesterday and they had "live music", boys with guitars. Through a terrible sounding "sound reinforcement system."

The Allentown Symphony hosts Friday jazz. Haven't had a chance to try that yet. But "jazz" so you wouldn't be interested.

Then, there are the various "church music" "live music" things.

That's all I've seen in Allentown, PA.

P.S. When we lived near Boston, I had a friend who played sax in a big band. We would go to all their gigs. That was fun!
Haven't seen anything like that in decades.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #143,668 of 151,186
Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 00.40.17.png

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #143,669 of 151,186
My gateway to appreciating jazz was through a local radio station that plays a two hour show Monday through Friday in the afternoon. ...
I think it's Rachel Podger that had a podcast that worked like that for symphonic music. Any good jazz podcasts in that vein?
Or something like Suzanne Vegas' old column in the New York Times?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back