Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 12, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #126,331 of 153,127
I would humbly volunteer as tribute to alpha test any/all products :raised_hand:. Jason- hit me up... pretty please
I do believe Alpha testing is done within the organization, Beta testing is generally outside the walls. The first might mean being an employee or maybe volunteering for a blind test. Personally if there is going to be a new product I would use, I would want to do some testing with my gear. It would also be likely that my local audio group would set up comparisons.🤪🤪

Sep 12, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #126,332 of 153,127
I would be up for attending depending upon date and location within Florida. I'm in the Tampa area. Florida is roughly 12 hours drive from one end to the other, I think.
It would be a bit of a haul for me to attend very far into Florida. If an event is planned I would make a choice at that time. It is tough for me to host a group in my area, I think I know one guy in a town nearby who is on Head-Fi but he owns other brands of gear. As does my local group.

Sep 12, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #126,334 of 153,127
Uh Oh...I may be cursed. I looked everywhere and the stickers were left out.:scream: All my trouble-free Schiit had stickers included so I might be (tongue-in-cheek) a little concerned. Is it silly to ask Schiit for a few stickers..? :thinking:
Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

@Jason Stoddard , Thanks so much for taking risks, the MJ3 looks awesome! I can't wait to hook it up!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #126,336 of 153,127
Uh Oh...I may be cursed. I looked everywhere and the stickers were left out.:scream: All my trouble-free Schiit had stickers included so I might be (tongue-in-cheek) a little concerned. Is it silly to ask Schiit for a few stickers..? :thinking:
-HK sends

@Jason Stoddard , Thanks so much for taking risks, the MJ3 looks awesome! I can't wait to hook it up!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
MJ3 is not for everyone, ergo not everyone gets stickers.

Sep 12, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #126,339 of 153,127
I think I've managed to appease the powers that be. I just ordered a Modi MB and asked for extra stickers. :ksc75smile:
I needed one anyway to pair with my Piety.:L3000:
Disaster averted!
-HK sends

PS - Yes, the state will be Texas vs California but I'm willing to risk it.
Love my modi MB

Sep 12, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #126,340 of 153,127
Sep 12, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #126,341 of 153,127
Somewhere way down on my long and ever growing list of things that I want to build for myself is an external relay ladder that I can stick between my Lokius and my headphone amps. Maybe even balanced, who knows. Put the headphone amp's pot to 100% and use the external relay ladder box for attenuation instead.

I don't actually need anything like that, but it would be a fun little exercise for me.

Such an external relay ladder attenuator box is probably too limited of a product to be interesting for Schiit, though.
... https://www.hattor.com/dualmono_preamp_the_big.html

Sep 13, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #126,342 of 153,127
You'll see a couple of new things from us by the end of the month--two new names, in fact. I just approved the final first articles for one today, and I expect to see the other tomorrow. .... Both are bonkers in terms of value, and one is definitely crazy in "let's take the path of maximum controversy." These'll be fun!
Holy Schiit, this is way more exciting than "the Apple Event" today!

Sep 13, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #126,343 of 153,127

New MG Cyberster just rocked up at work !!!!
I am a member of MGOC so had read about the Cyberster.
Nice looking car.
I appreciate that electric cars are probably the future (although I think Hydrogen fuel cell is a better solution) but they have absolutely no appeal for me.
The yellow MGA in the background is my idea of a ‘proper’ MG.

I went to a local gathering of classic cars last weekend.
There were some beautiful cars there, including:
A 1930s Bugatti
Aston Martin DB6
Several E-type Jags
Morgans
A Ford Thunderbird
1960s Porsche 911 Targa
Lots of Ferraris.

Probably the fastest car there was a new hybrid Ferrari- 296 GTB.

It looks fantastic but I’d rather have a ‘genuine’ classic car with a real engine and no motors!

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #126,344 of 153,127
I am a member of MGOC so had read about the Cyberster.
Nice looking car.
I appreciate that electric cars are probably the future (although I think Hydrogen fuel cell is a better solution) but they have absolutely no appeal for me.
The yellow MGA in the background is my idea of a ‘proper’ MG.

I went to a local gathering of classic cars last weekend.
There were some beautiful cars there, including:
A 1930s Bugatti
Aston Martin DB6
Several E-type Jags
Morgans
A Ford Thunderbird
1960s Porsche 911 Targa
Lots of Ferraris.

Probably the fastest car there was a new hybrid Ferrari- 296 GTB.

It looks fantastic but I’d rather have a ‘genuine’ classic car with a real engine and no motors!
Hi Les - yep its a good point you make , MGA's are absolutely lovely things but I keep an open mind and find the evolution of the MG brand fascinating

Sep 13, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #126,345 of 153,127
Somewhere way down on my long and ever growing list of things that I want to build for myself is an external relay ladder that I can stick between my Lokius and my headphone amps. Maybe even balanced, who knows. Put the headphone amp's pot to 100% and use the external relay ladder box for attenuation instead.

I don't actually need anything like that, but it would be a fun little exercise for me.

Such an external relay ladder attenuator box is probably too limited of a product to be interesting for Schiit, though.
There are a few kits out there for them. I can't recall from who off the top of my head though.
Love my modi MB
The new one is surprisingly good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back