Whats better than 1 can of RED OAK?

Answer:
1694607776002.png

Whats better than drinking a RED OAK?
Answer" Drinking one with a friend!

:>)
Alex

Sep 13, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #126,347 of 155,188
I do believe Alpha testing is done within the organization, Beta testing is generally outside the walls. The first might mean being an employee or maybe volunteering for a blind test. Personally if there is going to be a new product I would use, I would want to do some testing with my gear. It would also be likely that my local audio group would set up comparisons.🤪🤪
Alpha testing can be done internally, but I think is often done externally. Two examples that come to mind are Oppo and Lumagen.
The alpha testing may be very tightly controlled -- or not. Usually (?) there is a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) in place but not always.
I think the company usually picks someone that is well versed in critical reviews, responsive, and may be good at writing/explaining.
But agree, it is not usually from anonymous (to company) people on a forum volunteering.

Sep 13, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #126,349 of 155,188
Alpha testing can be done internally, but I think is often done externally. Two examples that come to mind are Oppo and Lumagen.
The alpha testing may be very tightly controlled -- or not. Usually (?) there is a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) in place but not always.
I think the company usually picks someone that is well versed in critical reviews, responsive, and may be good at writing/explaining.
But agree, it is not usually from anonymous (to company) people on a forum volunteering.
It can be, this is the way I learned it.🤪

“Alpha testing is performed by testers who are usually internal employees of the organization. Beta testing is performed by clients who are not part of the organization.”

I learned that ages ago and things do change.🤪

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #126,350 of 155,188
The Abso!ute Sound names 2 Schiit Audio preamps as the Best Under $2000...! They are the Magnius and the Freya+...! 😄

Best Preamplifiers: Under $2,000

I agree. The Magnius is fantastic as a preamp. I use it on my desktop with a pair of mono Gjallies and has pure clean sound. I only wish there was a preamp/headphone switch so my sub doesn't run while listening to headphones but for $200 I'm not complaining. A $49 Sys would solve the issue for me if I wanted.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #126,351 of 155,188
I agree. The Magnius is fantastic as a preamp. I use it on my desktop with a pair of mono Gjallies and has pure clean sound. I only wish there was a preamp/headphone switch so my sub doesn't run while listening to headphones but for $200 I'm not complaining. A $49 Sys would solve the issue for me if I wanted.
do you notice the sub when you listen to headphones?

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #126,352 of 155,188
Somewhere way down on my long and ever growing list of things that I want to build for myself is an external relay ladder that I can stick between my Lokius and my headphone amps. Maybe even balanced, who knows. Put the headphone amp's pot to 100% and use the external relay ladder box for attenuation instead.

I don't actually need anything like that, but it would be a fun little exercise for me.

Such an external relay ladder attenuator box is probably too limited of a product to be interesting for Schiit, though.
It is not easy to find extra time when you run your own business. I did that for about ten years and had little extra time to focus on side projects. When I worked for others I could always find time when I was not continuing my education in the evenings.😉

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #126,353 of 155,188

So, the headphone jack doesn't automatically mute the RCA outs, when it's plugged in...?

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #126,354 of 155,188
Hi Les - yep its a good point you make , MGA's are absolutely lovely things but I keep an open mind and find the evolution of the MG brand fascinating
You are right @Erratic Gravy ; The Cyberster is a very interesting model.

I expect demand to be high as EV roadsters are still something of a rarity.
I think Tesla will be launching a roadster but I am not sure when that is due, and it is likely to be very expensive.

This is a good article about the Cyberster from Auto Express:
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mg/cyberster

I attach two pics of one of the many superb cars at a local gathering of classic car owners- a beautifully restored Aston Martin DB6.

Attachments

• Aston Martin DB6 10 Sep 23.JPG
    Aston Martin DB6 10 Sep 23.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • DB6 engine 10 Sep 23.JPG
    DB6 engine 10 Sep 23.JPG
    541.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 13, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #126,357 of 155,188
You are right @Erratic Gravy ; The Cyberster is a very interesting model.

I expect demand to be high as EV roadsters are still something of a rarity.
I think Tesla will be launching a roadster but I am not sure when that is due, and it is likely to be very expensive.

This is a good article about the Cyberster from Auto Express:
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mg/cyberster

I attach two pics of one of the many superb cars at a local gathering of classic car owners- a beautifully restored Aston Martin DB6.

IMO the DB5 and DB6 are the most beautiful looking cars Aston has ever built. Have always liked British cars. Inherited my Dad's old MGB after he passed.
There's something timeless about them. However, I have no desire to drive it on the roads any longer, with so many loonies barreling along in their high powered SUV's.

Sep 13, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #126,358 of 155,188
There needs to be a Love button. 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back