Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 18, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #121,816 of 152,846
I haven't listened to my Freya-N yet, but I'm glad to have it in case I need it. :)
What’s wrong with you? It’s the single best purchase I have made and couldn’t wait even a minute after it was delivered to open it up and start listening😁

I was just going to remark about how great a piece of equipment the Freya N is. Your comment was the perfect setup, lol.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #121,817 of 152,846
to add bit (I ran this by a fellow Headfier first)

The Family Guy show had a good point. IIRC Peter saw a car with a Yellow Ribbon support the troops bumper sticker on it. He said, "It's the least you could do, the LEAST."

I have noticed that when I come back from the field stateside, or deployments/trips overseas that I have a very strong aversion to anyone showing prominent signs of affluenza paired with false patriotism. To put it a different way, I didn't have bone spurs when I joined the Army. Now I have bones spurs (among many other aches and pains) acquired from exercise/PT injuries and general wear and tear from the Army life.

One of Heinlein's character's (Dubois) in Starship Troopers explained why Earth's Government had limited the Francise to those who served (not necessarily in the military) as it was a demonstration of that person's willingness to put the needs of humanity (or a nation's people) ahead of their own personal needs to include, if necessary, their life. I personally think all residents in a country should be able to vote, but voters in selecting leaders to vote for should consider if that person has demonstrated the ability to put the needs of others ahead of their own. Indicators could be Charity work, Peace Corps, veteran, Eagle Scout/Gold Award, etc. As said in the Children of Dune:

“Good governance never depends upon laws, but upon the personal qualities of those who govern. The machinery of government is always subordinate to the will of those who administer that machinery. The most important element of government, therefore, is the method of choosing leaders.”

//End rant
Nicely said.

Jul 18, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #121,818 of 152,846
I am sort of sorry I brought up the discussion.
Now to important business.

The laptops you all so excellently contributed to, are due end of next week in the places where they have to be.
So, fifteen pieces and a bit of paraphernalia to be used to save lives and progress knowledge.
That deserves a well meant THANK YOU in my book.

And I almost forgot to THANK YOU Jason for giving me that space on your thread to make it work.
You're a good man with a wonderful team pondering to a lot of grateful clients and a lot of otherwise extremely set-back humans.
Thank you. Really I am very grateful.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #121,819 of 152,846
The Family Guy show had a good point. IIRC Peter saw a car with a Yellow Ribbon support the troops bumper sticker on it. He said, "It's the least you could do, the LEAST."
Reminds me of a quote by Hawkeye Pierce: Never let it be said I didn't do the least I could do.

Jul 18, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #121,820 of 152,846
Tom and Dewey checking in. They're saying Go Phils!
IMG_0161.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #121,821 of 152,846
Listening to this at work right now

One of my all time favorite albums. Jimmy Smith is amazing on the Hammond B3, playing some wonderful songs composed by Lalo Schifrin.

Jul 18, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #121,824 of 152,846
Here ya go...
1689719411414.png

Jul 18, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #121,826 of 152,846
Initial physical URD impressions for some of the previous questions asked. Plenty responsive to commands - no real delays. Quick input/output switching. Possibly improved side IR range based on how it sits in a channel. Tray nicely centered and squared. Simple, clear display is easily read at a glance. My only minor quip so far would be my fat fingers hit the tray guide rails when taking a cd out by its sides. But that's my problem. Oh yeah, sounds great too. URD - "They're real, and they're spectacular"

Jul 18, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #121,828 of 152,846
Actually my transport DOES have a computer in it !! its constantly getting software updates via wifi -- disqualified from category
Is it only a disc transport with no other functionality? It would be very odd for a disc transport to have wifi just for software updates. It would need an entire interface just to select the wifi SSID and enter a password. What model is it?

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #121,830 of 152,846
Leaving a “thank you” hanging out there with no response feels worse but maybe it’s just me. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sometimes when my brain was too distracted to come up with a respectful response I would just offer a salute. 🫡
I just respond, "I appreciate that." as an acknowledgement.

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back