Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 27, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #114,542 of 151,481
The WiiM Pro is currently in the process of Roon-ready certification. $150 a pop. And plenty of other useful functionality, actively supported.

The Wiim pro is most likely the streamer I will be purchasing seems to have most of the functionality, ethernet port, digital out, hi-res audio, supports all of the streaming apps I use and appears to be getting firmware updates quite frequently.

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #114,543 of 151,481
b3ac976a-b3e0-4c4d-856b-0964d3749c93.jpg

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #114,545 of 151,481
I think you are onto something...

I think the SYN definitely has to be "synthetic" in some way... but knowing those kooky masters of hijinks at Schiit is all analog :upside_down:

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #114,548 of 151,481
The Wiim pro is most likely the streamer I will be purchasing seems to have most of the functionality, ethernet port, digital out, hi-res audio, supports all of the streaming apps I use and appears to be getting firmware updates quite frequently.
I'm rocking a WiiM right now and it is exceptionally adequate. Especially by way of the software. The Bluesound Node software would work just as well for me but I can't quite justify the price. The only reason I would upgrade to the Node would be for its USB-out (to be used with Schiit's Unison USB) and its USB-in for use with an external storage device.

My issue was that I felt like they rushed the implementation of the USB-out in the latest model (Node N130). They released the Node with only one USB socket and only later, by way of a software update, were they able to support the USB-out functionality. So you can't use both USB-out and USB-in at the same time. I don't want to buy the N130 and be surprised by another model in a year or two when they inevitably patch this mistake.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #114,549 of 151,481
Thanks...! I'll check it out. 😄😄

Also, Morow.com is another Prog streaming site. Lot's of European Prog, I've never heard...! 😁

I'll check out Morow, too. Love the European stuff. I found Prog-frog by searching for the genre in Radio Garden. Found some French, Irish, and Russian sites, too, but haven't listened to them much. I'd like to fine some Italian prog, too.

Mellotrons rule!!! Mike Dickson's music is more classically oriented, but great as well.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #114,550 of 151,481
Not tubes. Wait til your forearm accidentally comes into contact with a hot tube on Lyr 3 or Valhalla 2 while reaching behind to power it off and you'll know exactly what some of us are talking about. 😮
I see your Valhalla2 and raise you a Folkvangr..

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #114,551 of 151,481
'Syn ' in old Norse means refusal - so I wonder if its some kind of digital filter

Next guess, pure folly - I don't want to type this, how big a 'Syn' would it be to offer a phono to Unison USB™ converter/adapter/dongle?

[edit] already done so to speak, the NAD PP 4 Digital Phono and the USB Preamplifier

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #114,552 of 151,481
The WiiM Pro is currently in the process of Roon-ready certification. $150 a pop. And plenty of other useful functionality, actively supported.
The person asking the question didn't want to do the WiiM pro due to issues with a similar product.

I'm all set for my endpoints. I have to say my Raspberry Pi with RooExtend has been flawless. I bought it and built it for <$100 before the world went nuts. I have RooExtend extensions to stream DLNA/UPnP from Roon, Stream from an ADC my TT setup over Roon, and a nifty Apple Watch app extension. I've very happy with my SoTM neo200. It just works. But, it's 3x cost of Wiim Pro.

Mar 27, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #114,553 of 151,481
Quick update: looks like the Syn announcement will be Thursday the 30th, since we are getting the metal (tops) in quantity a bit later than expected. However, photos are done, bottoms are in-house, boards are in-house and tested, and everything is looking good!

Oh, and the guesses: nope. None of them. They are pretty entertaining, though.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 27, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #114,554 of 151,481
Quick update: looks like the Syn announcement will be Thursday the 30th, since we are getting the metal (tops) in quantity a bit later than expected. However, photos are done, bottoms are in-house, boards are in-house and tested, and everything is looking good!

Oh, and the guesses: nope. None of them. They are pretty entertaining, though.
It's a beautiful thing when a top and a bottom come together to Syn 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back