Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 27, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #114,574 of 153,123
Syn like synthetic - after reading of the AI systems able to create a photo based on a text description Syn must be the audio version. Creating a piece of music based on a textual description.

Typing in “Beethoven Symphony no 11, conducted by Furtwängler” 😁

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #114,576 of 153,123
All DACs have an analog LP filter.
That's likely why I have never been able to listen to albums with my turntable line out directly connected to my DAC. :smirk:

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #114,577 of 153,123
My guess would be that Syn is the Unison USB hub, without the transport, in it's own box.
Would that have to be changed to Unisyn then? Sorry if it’s already been said

Mar 27, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #114,579 of 153,123
I'm kinda hoping Syn is an external crossover with adjustable hi/lo pass filters for properly integrating a subwoofer. I'm pretty sure that's not what it is but a guy can dream, right? It could also be an external karaoke device so we can all sound like Schiit.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #114,580 of 153,123
Given the norse meaning; how bout the ultimate brick wall filter?
modiplus-rear-1920.jpg
ps: it's Monday, i have ZERO Adobe and Photoshop patience today......
That's it!

The ultimate brick wall filter - input only - no output - neither analog nor digital. And bonus capability of silencing the noisy internet. We can finally give this schiit a rest. 🤣

Mar 27, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #114,582 of 153,123
I want a T-Shirt that says that!
I want a t-shirt that says, "Artificial intelligence can't beat real stupid." I think we're gonna see lots of examples of that in the coming months/years.

All DACs have an analog LP filter.
All DACs that I know of have an analog low-pass filter. Ours are usually at 100-300kHz, depending on the application.

A brickwall 20kHz filter? Yeah, no, that's another story. One that I thought had ended in the late 1980s. But I could be wrong about that. I'm wrong about a lot of things.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 27, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #114,584 of 153,123
I want a t-shirt that says, "Artificial intelligence can't beat real stupid." I think we're gonna see lots of examples of that in the coming months/years.

All DACs that I know of have an analog low-pass filter. Ours are usually at 100-300kHz, depending on the application.

A brickwall 20kHz filter? Yeah, no, that's another story. One that I thought had ended in the late 1980s. But I could be wrong about that. I'm wrong about a lot of things.

Remember the movie Idiocracy? It's now a documentary...lol

Mar 27, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #114,585 of 153,123
That's it!

The ultimate brick wall filter - input only - no output - neither analog nor digital. And bonus capability of silencing the noisy internet. We can finally give this schiit a rest. 🤣
It is a Schiit Write-Only memory. You hook it to your system and fill it with data, music, reviews, spouse complaints, Marilyn Manson, MQA, etc., that you have no love for. When it is full, you place it in the recycle bin and buy another one. Pretty clever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back