Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 27, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #114,557 of 153,040
Quick update: looks like the Syn announcement will be Thursday the 30th, since we are getting the metal (tops) in quantity a bit later than expected. However, photos are done, bottoms are in-house, boards are in-house and tested, and everything is looking good!

Oh, and the guesses: nope. None of them. They are pretty entertaining, though.
Hasn't been mentioned and may result in the proper Texas hanging of @Jason Stoddard... :thinking:

Well, that leaves the Schiit CD edge green marker originally to be released simultaneously with the Urd. That's gotta be it as there is a world-wide shortage of metal marker tops. I also suspect it will be magnetic so one can conveniently place the green marker on the side of Urd along with the remote. Yep, that definitely has to be it. :wink:

Screenshot 2023-03-27 122051.png

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #114,558 of 153,040
On second thought, while it feels good to have provided some entertainment in return for all the entertainment and learning that you've provided us with through this thread... if you actually read our wild guesses and random rambling... sorry for wasting your time! Maybe it was entertaining enough to not be a complete waste. Laughing can help you live longer!

:beyersmile:

Mar 27, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #114,559 of 153,040
On second thought, while it feels good to have provided some entertainment in return for all the entertainment and learning that you've provided us with through this thread... if you actually read our wild guesses and random rambling... sorry for wasting your time! Maybe it was entertaining enough to not be a complete waste. Laughing can help you live longer!

:beyersmile:
It's not a waste of time at all...some of them are good ideas.

Though I don't understand the fascination with upsamplers. If you're gonna do some super-fancy expensive digital processor like that, wouldn't you rather it...well, actually do something? Like EQ or whatever. Or at least offer the capability? Or am I crazy?

And no, that's not what Syn is either.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 27, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #114,560 of 153,040
Given the norse meaning; how bout the ultimate brick wall filter?
modiplus-rear-1920.jpg

ps: it's Monday, i have ZERO Adobe and Photoshop patience today......

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #114,562 of 153,040

Ha! Yeah I actually suggested this once on the bf2 thread so I will take credit if that's actually what it is!

Lots of ppl have filterless NOS DACs, and Schiit's DACs are essentially filterless when in NOS mode, so I was curious how they would sound with an outboard filter. I don't think they exist for audiophile use yet.

Edit: perhaps the presence of inputs with no outputs is the joke; ultimate filter bc nothing comes out. Still I think an actual standalone smoothing filter would be cool!

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #114,566 of 153,040

Lots of ppl have filterless NOS DACs, and Schiit's DACs are essentially filterless when in NOS mode, so I was curious how they would sound with an outboard filter. I don't think they exist for audiophile use yet.

Feed a 'filtered' upsampled signal to a NOS DAC instead. Something like what's provided by Audirvana or JRiver.

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #114,568 of 153,040

You know, that could be a great simple WiFi Schiit streamer...err battery powered?

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #114,569 of 153,040
Still produces a stair stepped waveform (ultrasonics) if no analog smoothing/reconstruction filter is present.
With significant upsampling the NOS dac low pass filter fully reconstructs the analog signal.

A post NOS dac analog device would not remove any digital artifacts such as aliasing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back