Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 19, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #88,516 of 149,734
Feb 19, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #88,519 of 149,734
It's all about the harmonics, baby. It's what keeps life interesting.
I've just heard lots and lots of fundamental in the past couple of days. Where's that tube-y second harmonic? I'm starting to get nervous the thread is veering toward the measurements side. :scream::scream:

Feb 19, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #88,520 of 149,734
The watch appears to be a Hamilton Khaki automatic and that band works well with it.
Blue Jeans is a great company, and I am a fan of the Gungnir myself. Multibit for me.
Hamilton Khaki automatic indeed. These are my first Blue Jeans cables. I like my Gungnir and am happy I can now compare both delta-sigma and multi-bit at my leisure.

Feb 19, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #88,521 of 149,734
I've just heard lots and lots of fundamental in the past couple of days. Where's that tube-y second harmonic? I'm starting to get nervous the thread is veering toward the measurements side. :scream::scream:
Depending on the fundamental, the second harmonic is often -50db so it's not usually as significant a contributor as believed. But the numbers reported by some people are often meaningless unless their instrument has been properly calibrated against a known standard.

:wink:

Feb 19, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #88,522 of 149,734
Statistically speaking, or subjectively speaking? 😏

Feb 19, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #88,523 of 149,734
Any updates on the new Schiit Urd transport?
I've been checking the website for the past year or so, starting to think it will never be released...
Thank you!
Just wait one more week
And one more
And one more
And one more

Feb 19, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #88,524 of 149,734
Hamilton Khaki automatic indeed. These are my first Blue Jeans cables. I like my Gungnir and am happy I can now compare both delta-sigma and multi-bit at my leisure.
It is a fine way to compare the two types since Schiit built both products. The Hamilton is also one of my choices for working in my shop along with a few Sectors and a couple Earnshaws.

Feb 19, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #88,525 of 149,734
I've been checking the website for the past year or so, starting to think it will never be released...
Thank you!
Don't even get me started, @CowFish {{great handle btw; I'm thinking about wild herds of tilapia [herbivorous fish with rapid growth.... meh-flavoured meat... marinade helps] rampaging across the lake bottoms}}. I was getting myself wound-up about getting a new toy. An Urd would fit the bill. I was part of the beta program. I smoked 2 little Frankenstein boards (runaway overheating and burning plastic IS a thing). Now? Meh. I'll put my money into a speaker amp and some kind of weirdo floor-standing speakers (for my future low kW-h 2-channel installation on our retirement property). :ksc75smile:

Feb 19, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #88,526 of 149,734
Thank you!

I personally haven't Urd anything but quite frankly I'd imagine 'When It's Done' would be the best answer than any specific date.

Feb 19, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #88,527 of 149,734
I personally haven't Urd anything but quite frankly I'd imagine 'When It's Done' would be the best answer than any specific date.
Just remember "For the lack of one washer, we cannot ship the new [insert airplane, submarine, car, Urd] because the automated assembly system says "We don't have all of the parts"!!!

Feb 19, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #88,529 of 149,734
Thank you!
That is a possibility. But something's supposedly imminent, though I doubt it's Urd. If it is, it's more than a CD drive. What, who knows.

Did they decide .. nah. Schiit is a hardware company. There's no way.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #88,530 of 149,734
Just remember "For the lack of one washer, we cannot ship the new [insert airplane, submarine, car, Urd] because the automated assembly system says "We don't have all of the parts"!!!
So then you've worked with SAP. I always got a kick out of shipping stuff anyway and watching the SAP team go into crisis mode trying to figure out how to appease the software. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back