Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 26, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #56,281 of 153,216
I like Marilyn Manson, so factor that in. :astonished:

Most of your taste is no doubt in your mouth. You are probably a connoisseur of bar-b-cue and hot sauces. :ksc75smile:

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #56,283 of 153,216
Is there a difference?
Darned if I know, over where I am there are limestone quarries and corn fields, this is not exactly a food mecca. We have to wait for care packages from Scotland and Italy and France so we occasionally have something to drink.

I agree that there seemed to be few musicians on that list and some were there because they are world famous and still draw large crowds or can still draw on royalties. I went to see Dylan recently knowing he may not be around too much longer. He is lending his name to some bourbons so maybe those will make their way up to Indiana one day. :smile_phones:

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #56,284 of 153,216
Is there a difference?

You're in rare form today, Sam. :smile:

And @Paladin79 has me confused with someone else. I'm a connoisseur of pork rinds and pickled pigs feet. Barbeque is for rednecks. :slight_smile:

Jan 26, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #56,287 of 153,216
Jan 26, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #56,288 of 153,216
The oldest pieces of gear are probably Mike and Jason.

Hey, Jason is in his early fifties, and because I am in my fifties too, I no longer consider that old. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #56,289 of 153,216
Hey, Jason is in his early fifties, and because I am in my fifties too, I no longer consider that old. :ksc75smile:

Ha! Thought this was a great song back then...
(still do) :wink:

Bonus song...

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #56,290 of 153,216
Like I'm sure a lot of you do, I often listen to music while perusing head-fi threads. I've discovered a lot of great music recommended by fellow head-fiers, especially when I've participated in the holiday CD swaps of the past. Your post inspired me to get up and put this CD on, even though I was happily sitting on my couch listening to Bishop Briggs with my Akita's head in my lap enjoying a perfect cold and grey Sunday morning. I'd add that anyone who likes Talk Talk from their later years, or music in general, should also get Mark Hollis' self titled solo album. His emotionally charged vocals and melancholy piano are spectacular in their sparseness.

Nice, track 2 & 4 are a couple of my favorites.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #56,292 of 153,216
OK Boomer :o2smile:

Who do you recognize (or not) on this list?
The Highest Paid Musicians in 2019
A few surprises for me. Some ancient bands/musicians I thought long faded are thriving.

Recognized all of them, dislike most of them. I don't even listen to the radio anymore.

Most of your taste is no doubt in your mouth. You are probably a connoisseur of bar-b-cue and hot sauces. :ksc75smile:

Talking like that, you must be from north of I-10. And remember, "north" is a two-syllable word.

Jan 26, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #56,293 of 153,216
Recognized all of them, dislike most of them. I don't even listen to the radio anymore.

Talking like that, you must be from north of I-10. And remember, "north" is a two-syllable word.
I had to look up I-10 if that helps.:smile_phones:

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #56,294 of 153,216
Man I'm old. I remember when the Cars released their first album. Awesome stuff.
I listened pretty exclusively to guitar based rock, and when that album came out I thought it was strange how much I liked this keyboardy new wave music. Listening to it years later I was struck by how it is definitely guitar rock and roll; they just added some nice layers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back