Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 26, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #153,212 of 155,189
I play in a bocce league on Tuesdays. The first game starts with a coin flip, "who has a coin?".."only old people have coins"

Canada did away with the penny about a decade ago. I had a jar full of them, and decided not to convert them to nickles etc. For shiits and giggles I always carry 2 or three around, along with a challenge coin. Blows the mind of the young 'uns when I pull a penny out. I still kind of miss the 'leave a penny, take a penny' trays at gas station checkouts - a low key reminder of Canadian niceness.

I also kept a dollar bill and a two dollar bill, magneted to the fridge out of nostalgia.

(For our American cousins, the paper bills were replaced by $1 and $2 coins, colloquially "loonies" and "toonies".)

May 26, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #153,213 of 155,189
I'm in total agreement that well made is way better than not well made. See, we have more in common than you might want to admit. 🤣
🤪🤪🤪
Trust me, I have suffered through some crappy margaritas in my life.

May 26, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #153,214 of 155,189
do you have data to show otherwise?
F*#! Data, if you want data go hang out at ASR...

:deadhorse::L3000: Some times Darko's opinions are making up "science" to prove it is just a way to shill room treatment products.

If you like room treatment great, but I have a hard time believing carpet, curtains, and other elements added to a room don't help when I can hear it.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #153,215 of 155,189

:deadhorse::L3000: Some times Darko's opinions are making up "science" to prove it is just a way to shill room treatment products.

If you like room treatment great, but I have a hard time believing carpet, curtains, and other elements added to a room don't help when I can hear it.
Experience is data. Chill dude.

May 26, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #153,217 of 155,189

I have heavy curtains at first reflection point. Open 'em you get one sound. Close 'em you get another. No question they make a difference.

May 26, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #153,218 of 155,189
I have heavy curtains at first reflection point. Open 'em you get one sound. Close 'em you get another. No question they make a difference.
I have a similar situation in my listening area so I know what you are saying. 😁 I will just say maybe I could be using better materials but you must be able to live in a specific environment.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #153,219 of 155,189
It was with some trepidation that I brought this glass, my first sip of whiskey in over a week after struggling through Covid, to my lips this evening. I have had friends and have heard of others who completely lost their taste for bourbon or other whiskies after having Covid, and since it is literally my job to taste through barrels to make Single Barrel selections, the thought of that happening to me was honestly terrifying.

Joyously, not only did it taste just like the OSD Straight Bourbon that I and many of you fine fellers know and love, it tasted amazing! [Insert massive exhalation]

Not pictured: Maxim Vengerov blazing a blistering path through Shostakovich's Second Violin Concerto with Rostropovich conducting. Wondrous fiddling skills.

IMG_7474.jpeg

So glad to hear that. My gal got the covid in the early days before vaccinations and it was really bad. She got long covid and her sense of taste was shot for a couple of years. She still has some other symptoms that haven't gone away. No joke, that one. Glad your experience was mild.

May 26, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #153,220 of 155,189
IMG_8137.jpeg
[Low-impedance headphones are covered (left); and high-impedance headphones are covered (right) at the 'mountain abode audio loft'.] 👍

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #153,221 of 155,189
The best sound my living room had was when we put our Christmas tree up last year. Soundstage and imaging was phenomenal. Also, we had our carpets cleaned and all the furniture was removed the reverb was terrible. YMMV. Sounds fine when fully furnished. Chill and enjoy the music.

May 26, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #153,222 of 155,189
The best sound my living room had was when we put our Christmas tree up last year. Soundstage and imaging was phenomenal. Also, we had our carpets cleaned and all the furniture was removed the reverb was terrible. YMMV. Sounds fine when fully furnished. Chill and enjoy the music.
Same here.
We decorate the Schiit out of our great room where the big rig is.
Sad when it all comes down.

7 months to go...

May 26, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #153,223 of 155,189

He literally showed before and after measurements. Hard to say that's made up data unless he is blatantly flubbing his results. I generally dig Darko but I also don't have a dog in this race because I'll never be able to treat a room with aftermarket panels and whatnot, but it is unfair to call him out like this whether you personally like his channel and content or not.

May 26, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #153,224 of 155,189
So glad to hear that. My gal got the covid in the early days before vaccinations and it was really bad. She got long covid and her sense of taste was shot for a couple of years. She still has some other symptoms that haven't gone away. No joke, that one. Glad your experience was mild.
Thank you very very much.

I have a cycling junky friend who was all of 24 years old; she was very strong and athletic. She got Covid pretty early on and it wiped her out and caused rather severe long Covid effects of significantly reduced energy and stamina. She ended up having to quite her job as a cycling instructor and it griefs her still.

No joke indeed.

May 26, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #153,225 of 155,189
Hungry?
Pollo enchiladas tonight with verde sauce, jack and cheddar cheese,
Ceasar salad,
Margaritas
and cool tunes on the Schiit based big rig...
Now I am :angry: :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back