Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 5, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #54,331 of 150,845
...wait for reviews and comparisons.

Haha silly man I'm not waiting!
*whips out wallet*

acb.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #54,332 of 150,845
Also Freya S is an amazing pre amp!! Incredibly transparent and allows proper conversion of XLR to SE or other way around. Makes comparing gear super easy and using the 'best' xlr output on my DAC and feeding my SE input only tubes amp.
What I'd like is an anti-Freya: single XLR input (from Yggdrasil for me), multiple XLR and RCA outputs to my various solid-state and tube amps. Instead, I'm using a Goldpoint SA2X-O but that does not give me balanced to single-ended conversion to feed the single-ended amp...

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #54,333 of 150,845
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 5, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #54,336 of 150,845
What I'd like is an anti-Freya: single XLR input (from Yggdrasil for me), multiple XLR and RCA outputs to my various solid-state and tube amps. Instead, I'm using a Goldpoint SA2X-O but that does not give me balanced to single-ended conversion to feed the single-ended amp...

You do get 1 XLR out and Two SE outs. Not bad!

That is three amps you can feed...and possible to split the SE signal for MOAR amps. But at that point you clearly have a problem :wink:

I know what you mean though... I went from too many amps down to a Hybrid and full tube. So Freya is a perfect fit!

:o2smile:

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #54,337 of 150,845
Sure. I'll just stencil in a 'C' at then end of 'GE' and sell the whole lot to @TK16. If I picture them posing on a nice shag carpet, I'll be sure to get top dollar out of him!! :wink:

Keep the tubes and just send him the boxes. Easiest way to make him happy. :laughing:

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #54,339 of 150,845
Received HEL today, definitely a record shipping time!

Bad new is, I'm pretty sure it's DOA :frowning2:

Red LED comes on when you turn the power on and my laptop (Windows 10) acknowledges that a new device has been plugged in, however the only options that show up in the sound settings are the on board sound/mic inputs. (I tried known good USB cables as well, and even on my Linux laptop which never even sees it connect like it does my EITR/Modi MB/Magni3 stack)

Device manager reports Manufacturer as a Generic USB Audio

Events under properties reports:
Device USB\VID_0D8C&PID_5200&MI_00\7&28c2a21b&0&0000 requires further installation.

When I try to install drivers manually it continually asks me to connect the USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio until it states that it does not exist and terminates the installation program.

Yes, I've e-mailed Schiit, just seeing if anyone here has had a similar issue.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #54,340 of 150,845
It probably won't work, but maybe try using a different power supply. I've had 2 die on me this year, one from Schiit (replaced immediately at no cost to me) and one for a Seagate HD. Worth a shot...

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #54,342 of 150,845
It probably won't work, but maybe try using a different power supply. I've had 2 die on me this year, one from Schiit (replaced immediately at no cost to me) and one for a Seagate HD. Worth a shot...

No Bueno.

Got a fast response from Schiit (even if it was just a canned response) but I'm double checking everything listed JIC before I respond...

Dec 5, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #54,344 of 150,845
My matt-black THINGS arrived. Oh dang... they're purdy. It's a bit unnerving to look into IT and see false air vents. Yes, @Jason Stoddard ... I know, sir.... Bifrost doesn't need convective(?) cooling. And yet... I'd like to see the board!
{{{moan & groan. B$tch. B@tch. B&tch}}} :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #54,345 of 150,845
Received HEL today, definitely a record shipping time!

Bad new is, I'm pretty sure it's DOA :frowning2:

Red LED comes on when you turn the power on and my laptop (Windows 10) acknowledges that a new device has been plugged in, however the only options that show up in the sound settings are the on board sound/mic inputs. (I tried known good USB cables as well, and even on my Linux laptop which never even sees it connect like it does my EITR/Modi MB/Magni3 stack)

Device manager reports Manufacturer as a Generic USB Audio

Events under properties reports:
Device USB\VID_0D8C&PID_5200&MI_00\7&28c2a21b&0&0000 requires further installation.

When I try to install drivers manually it continually asks me to connect the USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio until it states that it does not exist and terminates the installation program.

Yes, I've e-mailed Schiit, just seeing if anyone here has had a similar issue.

It would probably work if it had a tube in it. :relaxed: I know, I know...the volume knob is in the way. Not your fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back