1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Jason Stoddard
    Unfortunately no.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  2. Tim van der Leeuw
    I think that's even more heretical to the Schiit philosophy than doing an op-amp, class D amp, or a D/S DAC...

Matias likes this.
  3. rkw
    But Jotunheim is also a preamp. People connect it to power amps and powered speakers.

grokit, linuxjacques, yonson and 2 others like this.
  4. ntbm3
    You do get 1 XLR out and Two SE outs. Not bad!

That is three amps you can feed...and possible to split the SE signal for MOAR amps. But at that point you clearly have a problem :wink:

I know what you mean though... I went from too many amps down to a Hybrid and full tube. So Freya is a perfect fit!

:o2smile:

earnmyturns likes this.
  5. bcowen
    Keep the tubes and just send him the boxes. Easiest way to make him happy. :laughing:

Ripper2860 and TK16 like this.
  6. A Jedi
    For what it's worth, I won't buy a single class D amplification device. Why should I? There are only several thousand such devices on the market. I come to Schiit for better. Give me a Super Aegir in mono.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    S-S-MR, bcowen, Rattle and 1 other person like this.
  7. yonson
    Received HEL today, definitely a record shipping time!

Bad new is, I'm pretty sure it's DOA :frowning2:

Red LED comes on when you turn the power on and my laptop (Windows 10) acknowledges that a new device has been plugged in, however the only options that show up in the sound settings are the on board sound/mic inputs. (I tried known good USB cables as well, and even on my Linux laptop which never even sees it connect like it does my EITR/Modi MB/Magni3 stack)

Device manager reports Manufacturer as a Generic USB Audio

Events under properties reports:
    Device USB\VID_0D8C&PID_5200&MI_00\7&28c2a21b&0&0000 requires further installation.

When I try to install drivers manually it continually asks me to connect the USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio until it states that it does not exist and terminates the installation program.

Yes, I've e-mailed Schiit, just seeing if anyone here has had a similar issue.

bcowen likes this.
  8. Roy G. Biv
    It probably won't work, but maybe try using a different power supply. I've had 2 die on me this year, one from Schiit (replaced immediately at no cost to me) and one for a Seagate HD. Worth a shot...

9. yonson
    Exactly! That's what I mainly want to use it for!

10. yonson
    No Bueno.

Got a fast response from Schiit (even if it was just a canned response) but I'm double checking everything listed JIC before I respond...

Roy G. Biv likes this.
  11. TK16
    Please don't share my trade secrets, not good for business, beside I know your address. :ksc75smile:

bcowen and Ripper2860 like this.
  12. ScubaMan2017
    My matt-black THINGS arrived. Oh dang... they're purdy. It's a bit unnerving to look into IT and see false air vents. Yes, @Jason Stoddard ... I know, sir.... Bifrost doesn't need convective(?) cooling. And yet... I'd like to see the board!
    {{{moan & groan. B$tch. B@tch. B&tch}}} :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

audio philestine and axle11 like this.
  13. bcowen
    It would probably work if it had a tube in it. :relaxed: I know, I know...the volume knob is in the way. Not your fault.

sam6550a, TK16 and yonson like this.
  14. hearditontheX
    Finnegan is weird, even on the cat scale.

AudioGal, EELawson, motberg and 2 others like this.
  15. yonson
    It's a REALLY nice volume knob too!

I have to say, the looks of it in person is pretty impressive. It's much bigger than I was expecting, and I LOVE the color combo...
    But it's DOA and is going back for replacement.

bcowen likes this.