Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 2, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #45,467 of 149,322
It's just a general target. The room is...... a bit of a challenge. There is a half wall behind the desk, so acoustically the speaker either will or will not be seeing the entire room depending on whether they are sealed or ported. It has actually turned out to be very beneficial for getting away from comb filtering and side wall reflections, but when it comes to bass there are challenges.
If your room is not too big try the ATCs SCM19 not very sensitive but an easy load, you shall experience a beautiful low end. Similar size cabinet as the one you have an eye on. Smaller conus but in a sealed box, my gut sayd it works well with Aegir but perhaps two works even better...choices, choices. Ain’t it wonderfull. Just to throw in some amplification competition: the Job225 from Jobsystems(Goldmund)

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #45,469 of 149,322
I mean, you go “LOL” at a customer for asking kind of a simple question with reasonable logic behind it: traditionally, one would get in home auditions from a dealer, or perhaps a 30 day return policy when buying online. It seems to me that more and more people are doing this nowadays. The amount of money one would save buying Schiit amps, vs something more esoteric is substantial. And possibly worth the cost of shipping both ways.

As for the 5% restock fee, does that exist when returning product within the 14 day return policy...? I don’t recall being charged 5% when returning my Saga.

Apr 2, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #45,472 of 149,322
I mean, you go “LOL” at a customer for asking kind of a simple question with reasonable logic behind it: traditionally, one would get in home auditions from a dealer, or perhaps a 30 day return policy when buying online. It seems to me that more and more people are doing this nowadays. The amount of money one would save buying Schiit amps, vs something more esoteric is substantial. And possibly worth the cost of shipping both ways.

As for the 5% restock fee, does that exist when returning product within the 14 day return policy...? I don’t recall being charged 5% when returning my Saga.
Why did you return the Saga?

Apr 2, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #45,473 of 149,322
Apr 2, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #45,475 of 149,322
Like this beast?

I'm kinda afraid of designing anything this big for Schiit, because hauling these guys around all day wasn't a ton of fun.

Design and build it. There are a lot of ways to move heavy electronics-----look at the weight of some of the Citation, McIntosh and ARC tube amps! Forklift suggested.

Apr 2, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #45,476 of 149,322
If your room is not too big try the ATCs SCM19 not very sensitive but an easy load, you shall experience a beautiful low end. Similar size cabinet as the one you have an eye on. Smaller conus but in a sealed box, my gut sayd it works well with Aegir but perhaps two works even better...choices, choices. Ain’t it wonderfull. Just to throw in some amplification competition: the Job225 from Jobsystems(Goldmund)

I took at look at that one recently. Nice looking speaker, but the 85dB sensitivity is just too low for comfort. I need something flea power friendly. :)

Apr 2, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #45,477 of 149,322
Like this beast?

I'm kinda afraid of designing anything this big for Schiit, because hauling these guys around all day wasn't a ton of fun.

It's your destiny to design a beast of an amp like that, worthy of the name Odin.

Apr 2, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #45,480 of 149,322
Stupid questions for the night:

8ohm nominal speakers - 20 W
4ohm nominal speakers - 40 W
6ohm nominal speakers - 30 W???

10W pure class A across all nominal speaker impedances? Or is it half, 20W Class A for 4 ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back