1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. porchwizard
    That was a consideration :) I waited a while to see if anyone would bite...

2. Rensek
    I've asked that a couple of times myself, and haven't received an answer yet. Also wondering how it works in both stereo and mono block form. If you get 10wpc class A in stereo, do you get 20wpc class A in mono, plus your ohm question in both forms.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  3. johnjen
    That usually is the way it works, where the amp delivers 30w for 6Ω since it's in the middle between the 4Ω and 8Ω rated outputs.

And class A means (in this case) the first 10w, no matter what the output Ω is, is all class A.

JJ

thebmc likes this.
  4. Derrick Swart
  5. Peter J
    A pair of Aegirs on the way.
    Order confirmed @ 9:48 am.
    This @ 12:57 pm:
    "Thank you for your order. We wanted to let you know that your order has been shipped. We hope our service has been great!"

What took so long? Could y'all step it up some?

6. ImagesbyMurray
    Ohm's Law
    V(V) = I(A) × R(Ω)
    P(W) = V(V) × I(A)

So working backward from rated 20W into 8 ohms
    V=12.65 I=1.58 for R=8 P=20
    V=12.65 I=2.10 for R=6 P=30
    V=12.65 I=3.16 for R=4 P=40
    and so on - assuming power supply capacity (I-current) and output device capacity (I-current + thermal)

These are simple DC calculations - Music NOT Equal DC

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    barondla likes this.
  7. Rensek
    Grazie

8. artur9
  9. artur9
    Since there were some Vidars on the b stock list I'm going to try it out. The fan on the amp I'm using now is driving me nuts.

They have 15days to impress me, right?

QueYo and US Blues like this.
  10. jmimac351
    This will be good. If there's one thing this "2 Channel Audio" pursuit needs I'm not sure it's more obliqueness. Let the mincing of words begin!

11. golfbravobravo
    No, not with bstock.

12. artur9
    Stinkers. Well, if they don't like the subs I have a desktop set of speakers they'll make very happy.

13. artur9
    Interesting read, particularly after reading a posting by Dennis Ritchie (speaker designer) about the resistance of various connectors he had laying around.

14. US Blues
    Nice! Let us know how they work with your subs.

15. jmimac351
    I've been watching the Schiit "Closeout" section for several days. All of the sudden it just blew up!...