1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Ableza
    Hmm. Size: 9” x 13” x 3.875”. Hmm. Two might fit into a single rack width. Hmm. Probably not enough space for cooling... Hmm.

2. ashirin
    @Jason Stoddard

There are a couple typos on the Aegir product manual. It says Vidar instead of Aegir on the first (cover) and second page.

You probably don’t want people wondering where their Vidar went when they read “What’s In the Box”

:wink:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    alpovs, Rensek and CAPT Deadpool like this.
  3. ashirin
    Conspiracy confirmed: this is just a repackaged Vidar (that explains the manual typos actually). Clearly, Jason just added a fake power button to the front and $100 to the price.

audio philestine and Rensek like this.
  4. dieslemat
    In the description they recommend a fan though, for not so well ventilated placement

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  5. dieslemat
    This is probably what we can call as open source product launching

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  6. CAPT Deadpool
    I think it is just an innocent copy/paste error.

Find and Replace All is your friend :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (if your using Microschiit Office) For all I know Jason is using some fancy marketing/ad software.

Luckily Schiit has us Schiitheads to do all the proofreading.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  7. audio philestine
  8. Ultimateaudioslave
    So seeing Aegir; may be Schiit officially stopped putting internals pic now and forever.

9. ZoNtO
    Or, consistent with past product launches, the internal pictures follow the launch after a reasonable period required to take such photos.

10. Ultimateaudioslave
    That I did not notice before. I think they have stopped posting because people ask too many questions, haha.

11. nicoch46
    read well you can learn a lot ...I'm skilled amp diy's and I know that simple genius amp .with only four transistors and four resistors....
    some damping factor info too , to integrate the review
    http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/prod_f7_man.pdf

12. Jason Stoddard
    Hey all,

Yep, specs and the manual have been cleared up (shipping manuals are correct, it's my fault for posting an early PDF on the site.) And yeah, internal photos are coming, I'm usually too busy to deal with those until after launch. They'll be up either today or tomorrow. Hint hint: they look a lot like Vidar.

Also tomorrow, I will have a new chapter that answers, somewhat obliquely, the question of Vidar vs. Aegir. And lots of other questions pertaining to Big Thoughts in the Audio Universe. Hopefully you'll like this change of pace.

Now, on to Ragnarok 2...

All the best,
    Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
  13. Ableza
    Vidar vs. Aegir is sort of like Cake vs. Ice Cream. The answer is "Yes, please."

14. Ultimateaudioslave

Hi Jason ,

Waiting eagerly for Rag 2. Would it improve the sound a lot over Rag 1? And when is the date?

Thanks

15. PioBeer
    From the schiit side are we encouraged/discouraged from buying both a Vidar and an Aegir, then returning the one we didn't like as much? I realize this may be hard for a smaller company to deal with, thus the question....