Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 18, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #32,986 of 152,734
I'm thinking about getting the Vali 2, to complement my Magni 3 (and Mimby and Loki and Eitr) with HD6xx and HE4XX 'phones. Does the Vali 2 have enough power for these?
I have the Vali 2 and love the sound. I find that it has enough power to drive the HD6xx and it loves my AKG K7xxs too. It’s in parallel with a Lyr 3, and I find myself listening to them pretty much equally. V2 was my go-to until I heard the Lyr 3, but I cant get rid of the Vali, thats how much I like it...

May 18, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #32,987 of 152,734
Cayin N6, AKJr, Luxury&Precision L3, Shanling M2, Zishan DSD/Z1,Z3, Walnut V2/S, Aigo mp3 108
You don’t HAVETO buy an outboard DAC, but I strongly suspect your ears will appreciate it. When i use my FiiO X5 III as source, I always shoot SPDIF out to either Modi 2 or Bifrost, depending where I’m listening. Have tried using the FiiO’s internal DAC, I really prefer outboard. If budget is an issue, get the amp first, dac later. No worries!

May 18, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #32,988 of 152,734
Vidar ordered, and I cannot wait to hear it with Saga.
I’m holding off on a new DAC until I’ve tried my current one, Cambridge Dacmagic Plus, through the newly Vidarised system.

May 18, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #32,990 of 152,734
For me, the HD600 always sounds thin, if that's the right word, or boring.
Thanks for some pieces of advice.
I think HD600 is different from HD-650 (6XX).
That's what Google finds
"Sennheiser HD600 has a sharper edge on the strings, it has a better defined placement of instruments. ... In other words, the HD600 is airy, more neutral sounding, while the HD650 has that warmer and wider sound."

May 18, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #32,991 of 152,734
I've read somewhere that Fulla 2 is not powerful enough for HD-6XX. Can anybody confirm?

My work setup is Fulla 2 to HD6XX, I think it sounds great. It's not end-game but it will work just fine to get you started.

May 18, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #32,992 of 152,734
I've read somewhere that Fulla 2 is not powerful enough for HD-6XX. Can anybody confirm?
From the Schiit website:

So is this gonna sound great with my headphones?
For most headphones, yes. There are some headphones out there that are very hard to drive, or insanely sensitive. If you want a definitive answer, send an email to tech@schiit.com.

Personally I expect it to not be powerful enough, but as I don't have a Fulla 2 I can't confirm.

May 18, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #32,994 of 152,734
May 18, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #32,996 of 152,734
How about the necessity of buying a DAC? Is it a must?

Why lay down cash if you've got something that works?

You might want to check out another one of the Schiit guides on headphone amps http://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-a-headamp, select your weapon of choice, hook it up to your existing DAC and listen to the result.

If it's not tripping you out the way you want, check out the other relevant Schiit guide http://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-a-dac and take it from there.

May 18, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #32,997 of 152,734
< Numbers add to quote for clarity>
1. I wanted to register for the website but don't see the option. What is the way to sign up?
2. What are the payment methods they accept?
It's 25 dollars delivery charge to Canada.
3. Has anybody ordered two items to be sent to Canada?
4. How much is it for the delivery of two items?

1. I registered with them today. Didn't encounter any real issue.
Try here:
https://au.mouser.com/MyMouser/CreateAccount.aspx
2. Dunno' - check their website, I'd expect that they'll set out their payment terms somewhere. Somewhere here might be a good place to start: https://au.mouser.com/Help/Help.aspx
3. Pass - not from that part of the world and no experience to offer.
4. May not translate but they offer free shipping to Australia once past a minimum order value. Might be the same for Canada. Check the detail provided at 2. and see how you go.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #32,998 of 152,734
I wanted to register for the website but don't see the option. What is the way to sign up?
What are the payment methods they accept?
It's 25 dollars delivery charge to Canada. Has anybody ordered two items to be sent to Canada? How much is it for the delivery of two items?

The site will ask you to log in, or create a new account, create an account, order the product then it will give you payment and shipping options, they accept paypal, credit cards etc.

May 18, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #32,999 of 152,734
I wanted to register for the website but don't see the option. What is the way to sign up?
What are the payment methods they accept?
It's 25 dollars delivery charge to Canada. Has anybody ordered two items to be sent to Canada? How much is it for the delivery of two items?
If you add something to the cart to buy you can check shopping charges and options before committing to buying.
I did this recently to look at the cost of an individual order(s) versus bundling together.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back