Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 18, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #33,016 of 145,714
I want to thank Jason for the nice set of "Coasters", a very good disclaimer appears on the back. If ever you personally have a need for a nice AES/EBU cable, custom USB cable, balanced interconnects, or perhaps even a headphone cable, you only have to mention it to me and most likely it shall be done and on the way to you, as a thank you.

I am getting ideas from employees on proper vessels for the completed amps, this shall be a thoroughly enjoyable project. IMHO

Tom
Those coasters look sweet. I'm hoping to have some of my own soon. Mimby, Magni, coasters, scotch = life be good. Happy Friday all.

Consider giving back to your fellow man if you can. I'm a Shriner, we support free health care for kids in need. We're worldwide. Look us up, www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org

Edit
P.S. this post was written under the influence of whisky and love of life. Whatever you do, be kind to your fellow man and give back as much as you can.

Be good to one another.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #33,018 of 145,714
I dream of Gumby.

One day....

I have the Gungnir in my BR system. It's rare that I do any deep listening on that system, one day it'll get the multibit upgrade, more likely when version 2 comes out.

May 18, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #33,019 of 145,714
I have the Gungnir in my BR system. It's rare that I do any deep listening on that system, one day it'll get the multibit upgrade, more likely when version 2 comes out.

I ordered mimby the other day, I considered bimby, but figured I'd go cheap and start saving for Gumby.

May 18, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #33,021 of 145,714
I made a couple of these super-awesome cooling systems for Vidars in mono driving 4 Ohm Magnepans. putting the fan on low I can't really hear the fan with playback paused, and it gives me a ~10-20 degree F drop in temp when pushing them hard. So I can run without the fans for regular listening, and turn them on and get ~95 dB or so at 4 meters away from the speakers. At some point I suppose I could still hit over current fault in this configuration. Not sure how to tell specifically if it's over current vs temperature..

Marantz Hair.jpg

May 18, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #33,023 of 145,714
I dream of Gumby.

One day....

Well then this should help tie you over until you buy one ...

http://www.gumbyworld.com/

Be sure to sign-up for the Gumby eNewsletter. :wink:

All kidding aside. A Gumby is my end-game DAC for my 2-channel system. Yggy is a bit of a stretch and Gumby seems to deliver the best high-end value.

BTW -- Mike Moffat's talk on another thread of potential new products seemed to indicate (at least in my interpretation) that a Gumby and/or Yggy Junior may be under consideration. Perhaps as a Bimby 2.0? Who knows -- I may have read way too much into his comments, but if that were to happen ... :D

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #33,024 of 145,714

I hope v2 comes out this year.

May 18, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #33,027 of 145,714
^^^
Check 1,2. Check 1,2. Hey guys, I think we have 1 speaker out of phase...

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #33,028 of 145,714
Is it time to slide the coaster under its own thread?

I didn't see how one was to procure one or a set. Did I miss it?

Would like to have at least one in my hand before ordering the parts... Thanx Paladin79 for getting the BOM up!

May 18, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #33,029 of 145,714
From the Schiit website:

So is this gonna sound great with my headphones?
For most headphones, yes. There are some headphones out there that are very hard to drive, or insanely sensitive. If you want a definitive answer, send an email to tech@schiit.com.

Personally I expect it to not be powerful enough, but as I don't have a Fulla 2 I can't confirm.

The Sennheiser HD650s / Massdrop HD6xx ‘phones are only 300ohm and relatively easy to drive. It’s not like you’re talking planars here. I use them with my iPhone and they get loud enough I have to back off a couple of notches from max. I’m sure the Fulla would work just fine with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back