Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 18, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #33,001 of 149,298
You can buy one and if it's not enough, get a Magni 3 and use the Fulla as a DAC. Etc ...

I was advised by Schiit that fulla 2 might be a bit underpowered for the hd6xx. It's why I ordered a Magni 3. Fulla 2 is only rated for 40mw at 300 ohm. My phone and my iPad, both power the hd6xx, but they don't push it very loud, and the sound isn't nearly as full as what the Magni brings to the table. I use both phone and iPad as sources into my Magni. Mimby incoming. My 16 cents on this.

May 18, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #33,002 of 149,298
I would upgrade my headphones before I bought anything more expensive than Vali to power my HD-600.

I own a Vali 1, and tried it on an LCD-3 at a meet once. I could have lived with that setup.

May 18, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #33,003 of 149,298
< Numbers add to quote for clarity>

1. I registered with them today. Didn't encounter any real issue.
Try here:
https://au.mouser.com/MyMouser/CreateAccount.aspx
2. Dunno' - check their website, I'd expect that they'll set out their payment terms somewhere. Somewhere here might be a good place to start: https://au.mouser.com/Help/Help.aspx
3. Pass - not from that part of the world and no experience to offer.
4. May not translate but they offer free shipping to Australia once past a minimum order value. Might be the same for Canada. Check the detail provided at 2. and see how you go.
Sorry, I meant Schiit website.

May 18, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #33,004 of 149,298
The site will ask you to log in, or create a new account, create an account, order the product then it will give you payment and shipping options, they accept paypal, credit cards etc.
I can see only Cart, Login and Spam

Attachments

• schiit.jpg
    schiit.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
May 18, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #33,006 of 149,298
I am glad it worked out for you, I have plenty of electronic components but not that many surface mount so it was extremely nice to get that list. My info is in Mouser so it took all of ten seconds for me to place multiple orders since I may be making several coasters

The more people building them the better, we should be able to share info. The way I worked it with other DIY amps, I would buy and build a base model that I left pristine. I would then start making alterations and I could refer back to the original to be sure what I did was an improvement.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #33,008 of 149,298
I made a couple of these super-awesome cooling systems for Vidars in mono driving 4 Ohm Magnepans. putting the fan on low I can't really hear the fan with playback paused, and it gives me a ~10-20 degree F drop in temp when pushing them hard. So I can run without the fans for regular listening, and turn them on and get ~95 dB or so at 4 meters away from the speakers. At some point I suppose I could still hit over current fault in this configuration. Not sure how to tell specifically if it's over current vs temperature..

32959728_10213544573741279_970626569825419264_n.jpg

May 18, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #33,009 of 149,298
Vidar ordered, and I cannot wait to hear it with Saga.
I’m holding off on a new DAC until I’ve tried my current one, Cambridge Dacmagic Plus, through the newly Vidarised system.

I see a Bimby in your future. Wait, the veil is thinning! Ah, it's a Gumby. :smiley_cat:

May 18, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #33,010 of 149,298
coaster boards.jpg I want to thank Jason for the nice set of "Coasters", a very good disclaimer appears on the back. If ever you personally have a need for a nice AES/EBU cable, custom USB cable, balanced interconnects, or perhaps even a headphone cable, you only have to mention it to me and most likely it shall be done and on the way to you, as a thank you.

I am getting ideas from employees on proper vessels for the completed amps, this shall be a thoroughly enjoyable project. IMHO

Tom

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #33,011 of 149,298
I want to thank Jason for the nice set of "Coasters", a very good disclaimer appears on the back. If ever you personally have a need for a nice AES/EBU cable, custom USB cable, balanced interconnects, or perhaps even a headphone cable, you only have to mention it to me and most likely it shall be done.

Tom

Very nice set, there. :metal: :metal:

May 18, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #33,012 of 149,298
I want to thank Jason for the nice set of "Coasters", a very good disclaimer appears on the back. If ever you personally have a need for a nice AES/EBU cable, custom USB cable, balanced interconnects, or perhaps even a headphone cable, you only have to mention it to me and most likely it shall be done and on the way to you, as a thank you.

I am getting ideas from employees on proper vessels for the completed amps, this shall be a thoroughly enjoyable project. IMHO

Tom
Look forward to the future posts from you. No one can complain that it is off topic!

May 18, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #33,013 of 149,298
Thanks!

Now what did I do with that hollow cat statue I had laying around my garage a couple years ago? I think the girth was about right to hold a coaster amp.

My wife and I do stocking stuffers for all my employees at Xmas and I am running out of ideas so if these become available for purchase I would most likely grab more for that purpose.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #33,014 of 149,298
I see a Bimby in your future. Wait, the veil is thinning! Ah, it's a Gumby. :smiley_cat:

If, or more likely when, I go for a Schiit DAC it will be a Bimby. Gungnir is out of my budget, plus Bifrost would look lovely under Saga. Buying a new DAC is a while off anyway, so in a years time there might be more Schiit to consider.
Next definite audio purchase is a new tonearm for the turntable.

May 18, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #33,015 of 149,298
If, or more likely when, I go for a Schiit DAC it will be a Bimby. Gungnir is out of my budget, plus Bifrost would look lovely under Saga. Buying a new DAC is a while off anyway, so in a years time there might be more Schiit to consider.
Next definite audio purchase is a new tonearm for the turntable.

I am glad your priorities are clear. btw- I replaced my DacMagic (original version) with a Gungnir, in the awful days before the multibit revolution, and the difference was stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back