Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 16, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #31,411 of 150,726
I was not serious RCB, I just thought it might be a nice way to drop a hint but in here, the lack of people liking a statement probably says the same thing. The atmosphere is most cordial.
Oh, OK. Anyway, that thread is open to ideas for platform changes/improvements.
One that I would like to see is the ability to leave a short message along with my "like." The old platform had that option - it was cool.

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #31,412 of 150,726
I was not serious RCB, I just thought it might be a nice way to drop a hint but in here, the lack of people liking a statement probably says the same thing. The atmosphere is most cordial.

Are "Like" and "Agree" the same?

I may "Like" a post; something informative or something I am not knowledgeable about or something humorous.

I may "Agree" with a post where sound qualities are described or ergonomics, or price(ing) are discussed.

A fine line perhaps but different meanings I think.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #31,414 of 150,726
That's why i'm thinking an "Agree" button would be effective and to the point without necessitating a post.

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #31,415 of 150,726
Oh God I hope not, I like responses that add to a discussion though I might not agree.

I am in four book groups and the most boring discussions occur when everyone likes or dislikes a particular book. It is good to hear different points of view.

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #31,418 of 150,726
I prefer linear to logarithmic and dynamic to static and sinistral to dextral so obviously my answer is none of the above. I think.

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #31,420 of 150,726
You are very close and you most likely answered without Googling anything, which is rare these days. Of course I was taught that tube amps are linear.​

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #31,424 of 150,726
I made Jason and one of his minions spit-take at RMAF when describing the holes blown in VT100 circuit boards by RS232 drivers when fed by over a quarter mile of cable, run outside, exposed to lightning. I wish I had taken pictures.

We in IT wanted fiber, but there was never money to do it right if the service contract kept repairing the VT100s.
Bean counters win again..........

@wink...gluehwine indeed!
The best thing about the German Christmas markets I visited, especially when the temperature was near freezing!
It even pairs well with bratwurst, brotchen and zenf.

I'd ilke to give this 2 likes, but this forum won't let me.....

Hey, no problem Paladin79. I was lost in thought anyway thanks to rkw.....and was thinking "balls to the wall" works also.....
Ah, a mechenical regulator, They used have them in steam trains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back