Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 8, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #29,086 of 149,702
So yeah I've been out of the loop. What's this about a Analog2 board for Yiggy? What is it and where is it being discussed? Here? Yiggy thread in High-End forum?

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #29,087 of 149,702
The Freya with the LISST devices sounds great. They get really hot so I do wonder what the gain devices inside are. To my ears no clarity is lost between passive and "tube" mode using the LISST devices. Here are some pictures of my setup and the Freya with the LISST devices installed.

IMG_3437.JPG IMG_3438.JPG IMG_3439.JPG

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #29,088 of 149,702
I prefer the glow of a tube but under stand the desire to try some thing else. It still looks cool but it needs an LED that glows to make me feel at home. Nothing wrong at all with this variation on the theme that is excellence in Schitt.

I trust that all who make such a purchase will enjoy themselves.

Test Tube Toad.

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #29,089 of 149,702
I prefer the glow of a tube but under stand the desire to try some thing else. It still looks cool but it needs an LED that glows to make me feel at home. Nothing wrong at all with this variation on the theme that is excellence in Schitt.

I trust that all who make such a purchase will enjoy themselves.

Test Tube Toad.

Not a bad idea, maybe different color LEDs even. Green tubes, I think that color is taken. Maybe other colors though. I like the solid state option but may try some Tung-Sol tubes at some point.

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #29,090 of 149,702
So yeah I've been out of the loop. What's this about a Analog2 board for Yiggy? What is it and where is it being discussed? Here? Yiggy thread in High-End forum?

Yggy thread for sure. I got my Yggy back last week with the update, and while I am giving time for warm-up/burn in/ phase of the moon, I found the new sound to be compelling.

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #29,092 of 149,702
Part of the charm if you will, of tubes is the glow they emit. It is comforting. Much like the glow of a fire place, the light of tubes elicits feelings of warmth and welcome. They are familiar and familiarity does not breed contempt, It provides comfort to life . A familiar voice. A familiar smile. A familiar hand shake. A familiar song. Comforting. A song that comforts me as no other ever shall is "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" by the Spinners.

Listen to the music? Indeed. From what I read here and from my older brother's reports to me on his new Vali 2, Schiit lets you listen and enjoy. And yes, he is not so nearly a toad as I but he does like the looks of the Vali 2 as it glows softly in the darkness of his living room.

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #29,093 of 149,702
If you put leds in them you are bound to get people speculating that it adds noise.

Well said!

I hear some men say the same thing about women, e.g. if you include one in your life, she will add noise. The choice then is not to decide if a woman (or an LED) will add "noise" but will she/it add to one's enjoyment of what it means to be alive.

I am a visual creature. A thing of beauty is a joy for ever so long as the memory of first sight is both kept and shared. In the same way, music can be a thing of great beauty.

Feb 8, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #29,094 of 149,702
Can anyone comment on the sys?
Looking to use it backwards. Out from dac into 2 different inputs (receiver and schiit headphone amp)
Just wanting to confirm that it works with no signal degradation.

Y cables produced some noise.
Thanks.

Modi multibit dac
Vali 2
Marantz receiver.

I'm using it backwards, from Modi 2 Uber to either Vali 2 or Magni 3. Volume at full, I find it transparent, no complaints.

Feb 9, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #29,095 of 149,702
I think that to improve market share, Schiit should appeal to both camps, those that want the glow of a tube from an orange LED and those who don’t, by splitting the difference — make one that FLASH - on, off, on, off...

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #29,096 of 149,702

I'm still not understanding the benefits of having a led inside a sealed metal can (apart from bias, of course). Am I missing something here?

JC

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #29,098 of 149,702
I think that to improve market share, Schiit should appeal to both camps, those that want the glow of a tube from an orange LED and those who don’t, by splitting the difference — make one that FLASH - on, off, on, off...
Why stop there? Rotating mirror balls! I can’t tell if the new tubes are coated glass or metal. If coated glass one could etch in designs. Rotation is beyond me.

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #29,099 of 149,702
I'm still not understanding the benefits of having a led inside a sealed metal can (apart from bias, of course). Am I missing something here?

JC

I'm guessing that, along with the LED inside, they would also want the LISST to have a transparent top for the light to shine through. Then it would give off a glow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back