Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 7, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #29,064 of 148,579
On a positive dac note, i just got word my trusty old Yggy has made it's journey back to California for it's new boards. The email said as soon as their Makita's battery is recharged the upgrade will begin!

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #29,065 of 148,579
Sigh. Everyone has an opinion. AtomicBob has one opinion. There are certainly many more. Again, if you want to engage in a DAC discussion, talk to Mike Moffat. His thread is right here as well.

I almost don't want to ask this because I don't want to open a can of worms... after reading around the web on the evil "glitch" it seems that it was resolved a while ago but I cant see anything that is like "If you got your Gumby after this date it's covered, if you got your Bimby after this date it's covered" etc etc. I also saw some references from Mike about fixing the issue on older DACs if they go back in for upgrades, but I don't see anything like "if you got the Gen 5 upgrade, your covered". I think it would provide a little comfort for those of us that are a little OCD like myself ^_^

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #29,066 of 148,579
Can anyone comment on the sys?
Looking to use it backwards. Out from dac into 2 different inputs (receiver and schiit headphone amp)
Just wanting to confirm that it works with no signal degradation.

Y cables produced some noise.
Thanks.

Modi multibit dac
Vali 2
Marantz receiver.

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #29,067 of 148,579
Looking to use it backwards. Out from dac into 2 different inputs (receiver and schiit headphone amp)

Thanks.

Modi multibit dac
Vali 2
Marantz receiver.

It should work but you need to set the volume to max, I think there may be better options than a sys.

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #29,068 of 148,579

Thanks.

Modi multibit dac
Vali 2
Marantz receiver.

as stated by @elira it works just fine as long as vol is set to max, I've done it

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #29,069 of 148,579
I almost don't want to ask this because I don't want to open a can of worms... after reading around the web on the evil "glitch" it seems that it was resolved a while ago but I cant see anything that is like "If you got your Gumby after this date it's covered, if you got your Bimby after this date it's covered" etc etc. I also saw some references from Mike about fixing the issue on older DACs if they go back in for upgrades, but I don't see anything like "if you got the Gen 5 upgrade, your covered". I think it would provide a little comfort for those of us that are a little OCD like myself ^_^
93E75373-1ED0-4897-A1BD-8E98726A065D.jpeg

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #29,070 of 148,579

Thanks.

Modi multibit dac
Vali 2
Marantz receiver.
I’ve used it and it works for that. But I’ve also used splitter adapters from audio quest to split bifrost output between Saga and Lyr with no audible noise to me.

http://www.audioquest.com/custom-install/splitters-connectors/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back