Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 30, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #25,205 of 153,043
I tried to search for this, but "raspberry pi schiit enclosure" and the like just gives people having trouble with their DACs and software that relies on community support.

Has anyone ever asked for/suggested a Modi sized case for Raspberry Pi? I would imagine the cost would be similar to the SYS so with their standard margin the price wouldn't be far off from other nicer Pi cases. I know that Schiit doesn't like to hook their wagon to other company's IP (MQA, DSD), but it could validate an opportunity to use their solutions to address RPi shortcomings (reliance on SMPS, noisy USB).

Would really make for a great looking all-in-one Schiit Stack. Here it is with my SYS. Ripping the board out of a standard Modi from ebay or audiogon is probably also a solution.

IMG_0676.jpg

Sep 30, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #25,206 of 153,043
Has anyone ever asked for/suggested a Modi sized case for Raspberry Pi? I would imagine the cost would be similar to the SYS so with their standard margin the price wouldn't be far off from other nicer Pi cases.

I know that Schiit doesn't like to hook their wagon to other company's IP (MQA, DSD), but it could validate an opportunity to use their solutions to address RPi shortcomings (reliance on SMPS, noisy USB).

That was actually my first post ever.

Sep 30, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #25,210 of 153,043
Sep 30, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #25,213 of 153,043
My first decent speaker amp was my dad's old Sansui 9090db, incredibly heavy, fairly good looking, and it was from 1970's so it actually has tone controls!

It also had lots of noise and dirty pots, but after a upgrading the bias and offset with fine tune pots, Deoxit cleaning everything, and replacing the fusible resistors, it had a nice sound.
But it was a lot of work for just a "pretty good" sound...

Then I got a modern amp, and the Sansui really hasn't gotten much use since. I've been meaning to sell it... and soon I'll probably sell that modern amp for a Vidar.

You just can't fight the future... especially if it sounds better!

x3mhTxu.jpg

Here's my "cat guard":
ZzO0YvR.jpg
I'll trade you a Vidar for that. You have to recap it which is ALOT of work. Interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back