Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 1, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #25,216 of 155,166
I absolutely want an FM tuner in a Schiit form factor. With a magic eye.

A scope like my old Marantz 10B (or the later Sequerra).

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #25,217 of 155,166
We all know that.

It was also a movie title;

"The Manhattan Project" (1986)

Directed by Marshall Brickman

John Lithgow, Jill Eikenberry, and Cynthia Nixon, among others.

“A teen and his girlfriend make an atomic bomb with plutonium stolen from a scientist dating his mother.”

Oct 1, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #25,219 of 155,166
"Don't worry Mom, it's not a bomb, it's just the world's first audio pitch-correcting skingasm device!"

manhattanproject_2752.jpg

Oct 1, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #25,221 of 155,166
"... and then they die from radiation poisoning." ?

Please don't try and apply science and logic with just about any sci-fi, horror, or action movie I've ever made.
The laws of Physics get a pass in Hollywood, LOL!!!

Oct 1, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #25,224 of 155,166
Hey Jason,

Thanks for allowing The Boys to start the Schiitferbrainz YouTube channel. This is EXACTLY what I've been dying for, a peek behind The Curtain of Oz.

After seeing the construction techniques and thinking about the number of processes and people involved to get my Yggy out of Mike's brain and through the steps you two have so perfected, it TOTALLY amazes me at just how insanely reasonable your prices are. Considering that you place such great importance on taking care of your employees, I can't fathom how there is much left over for you two at the end of the month. I guess that is the power of selling a bazillion items at a buck a piece rather than the other way around. Kudos all around.

You do realize that should you desire to sell out or retire, we WILL hunt you down, and you will be propped up in the back corner in sunglasses starring in our version of "Weekend At Bernie's!!"

This Schiit Can Never Die!!!

Oct 1, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #25,227 of 155,166
That is very good that you are content with the Mimby. I am the same way with the Bimby vs. better DACs as I just enjoy what I have. Some love their phone DAC and think a Mimby is not worth it. And while the Yggy is not a better value it is a much better DAC than the Mimby or the Bimby with significantly better bass and everything else. Some do not think that kind of improvement is worth it and there is nothing wrong with that. However I sure think it is worth it. I can't wait to get a Yggy if I get a chance to. I am pretty confident I will appreciate the improvement.
I completely agree. My point is that more goes into our decision about what to buy than whether we can afford it or not.

Oct 1, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #25,228 of 155,166
Well that's interesting - So what is Vidar getting then when you're in JFET or passive mode...what does it do with the unbalanced signal?
A balanced input to an amp responds to the difference between the plus and minus legs of the signal pair. If you send it a single ended signal with ground on one of the legs, it simply amplifies what it sees on the other leg. In the pro audio world we send SE signals to balanced inputs regularly.

Oct 1, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #25,230 of 155,166

Users who are viewing this thread

Back