Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 23, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #14,191 of 150,662

Ask Mike about his friend who used to get up out of his pool to work on tube amps with 800V rails. 

And the lead in to that story would be,
"How did you break your arm working on an amp?"

hahahahahahahahahahaha

JJ 
atsmile.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #14,193 of 150,662
  See... I've zapped myself enough times that 120V doesn't hurt all that much. The 240V is more of an ache from the muscle cramp afterwards. I have no desire to find out what 800V feels like however.

DC is relatively benign compared to AC at those voltages.
But what gets ya is the ability to dump the current behind those voltages. 
blink.gif

JJ

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #14,194 of 150,662
  DC is relatively benign compared to AC at those voltages.
But what gets ya is the ability to dump the current behind those voltages. 
blink.gif

JJ

I hear ya, I know the theory, but I'm still not gonna lick that B+ supply anytime soon, at least not without alcohol and a lot of money riding on it
blink.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #14,196 of 150,662

I hear ya, I know the theory, but I'm still not gonna lick that B+ supply anytime soon, at least not without alcohol and a lot of money riding on it
blink.gif

I believe Alcohol Can be Credited With Some of the Best Ideas Mankind has had, It can also be credited with the worst ones too. Finding The balance between a Genius Idea and the Idea that will Land you in the ER is one of the Unadvertised lessons that most of us learn early in our drinking careers. It seems the Freya and Saga are Examples of How Alcohol can be used for the betterment of the world (Or my world at least, Thanks Jason and what ever was in that glass) . You tube is filled with examples of the other side of the coin.  

If you do decide to post a video on you tube of this event please let us know.
popcorn.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #14,197 of 150,662
I believe Alcohol Can be Credited With Some of the Best Ideas Mankind has had, It can also be credited with the worst ones too. Finding The balance between a Genius Idea and the Idea that will Land you in the ER is one of the Unadvertised lessons that most of us learn early in our drinking careers. It seems the Freya and Saga are Examples of How Alcohol can be used for the betterment of the world (Or my world at least, Thanks Jason and what ever was in that glass) . You tube is filled with examples of the other side of the coin.  

If you do decide to post a video on you tube of this event please let us know.:popcorn:

According to Herodotus, the ancient persians believed that all new ideas should be debated while drunk, then sober. If it still seems like a good idea, then go for it.

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #14,198 of 150,662
According to Herodotus, the ancient persians believed that all new ideas should be debated while drunk, then sober. If it still seems like a good idea, then go for it.

One of My Best Friends and I have been Known to sit down with a Bottle of Whiskey or Scotch, Put some music on then proceed to solve all of the worlds problems well into the night. The Problem is when we wake up we never remember those solutions. We may have to find out how the Ancient persians kept track of their Ideas so that they can review them the next day.

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #14,199 of 150,662
  One of My Best Friends and I have been Known to sit down with a Bottle of Whiskey or Scotch, Put some music on then proceed to solve all of the worlds problems well into the night. The Problem is when we wake up we never remember those solutions. We may have to find out how the Ancient persians kept track of their Ideas so that they can review them the next day.

Have your significant other around, they'll never let you forget the things you blurt out while drunk. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #14,201 of 150,662
I have a big scar from my right elbow to the middle of my right forearm where I shorted a 1900V cap to ground when I was in the Navy.  So don't tell me DC is "safe."  It ain't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back