Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 14, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #12,661 of 151,047
  I'd put more emphasis on headphones than DACs and Amps. I'd rather own a few pairs of good headphones that please me rather than blow thousands of dollars on DACs and Amps. I like Planars so I'm not getting off cheap. I also like HD600's that can be found on the occasional sale for a very nice price. Since I'm not into tubes, I find the Asgard 2 (I have a few other amps remaining) to fit most of my needs and ditched my overpriced pure tube amps long ago. I find that Schitt has excellent products that aren't there to repurpose the contents of one's wallet.

Oh, absolutely.  Improve the transducers, DAC, and amp, in that order.  Huge difference when I went from HD-600s to HD-800s.  Wondered if I wasted my money, initially, on Gumby, but the right source material made it shine.   I went from a bad Brand X amp to a better amp.  That's where I am now.  The question, would I notice the difference going from a better amp to a good amp.  I dunno.  RMAF is calling me to give it a listen.

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #12,662 of 151,047
  And well within Jason's means, in all likelihood, if his listening time wasn't so saturated with his own stuff.  But it's best to identity yourself with your customer base for micro-media marketing purposes, for sure.  :wink:

It's within my means as well, but it's still not affordable in my book. I'm very content with the gear I have. OTOH, it's just me and other people have different priorities in life... 

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #12,663 of 151,047
For the record, I do think Pivot Ooint is pretty revolutionary. I apologize again for suggesting it wasn't due to my own confusion.

Matter of fact, most of what Schiit does is pretty revolutionary with their analog products, digital products, and marketing.

For LED's, those few nights in the winter when I had to sleep on the couch for snoring, that bright ass KED from my Mani helped me not bang my shins on the coffe table. That damn light is like a 1000 tiny suns. I think my iPhone LED is almost as bright. What's the amperage drop across that thing, like 2 amps or something?

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #12,664 of 151,047
I like the white LEDs.  I come from the computer enthusiast world where everything is ultra bright LEDs, usually blue or RGB these days.  These white ones seem quite tame in comparison, not to mention much more professional looking.

The industrial, slightly ambiguous indicator lighting suits me and my unobtrusive style preferences.  My Audio-gd equipment has a similar look and feel to it.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #12,667 of 151,047
What's the amperage drop across that thing, like 2 amps or something?

If you've got an amperage drop across anything, you have a current leak.

Clearly you don't have much experience with LEDs even if you mean 2 amps through them.
With readily available low voltage SMDs, 2 amps with a 3.2V voltage drop puts the out the same amount of light as a 60W incandescent bulb.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #12,668 of 151,047
I like my LED mod because its cheap, variable, pick any color you want and quick and dirty.

Sharpie fine point to the rescue.

JJ 
atsmile.gif

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #12,669 of 151,047

I stick those onto the LED. Choose your color:nerd:

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #12,672 of 151,047

It's not just for marketing. If you knew me, you'd know it's just who I am. 

+1000

We both accuse each other of being thrifty.  (he's a wannabe - I am the one with 50% blood of one from well north of Hadrian's wall)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 15, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #12,673 of 151,047
Glad to see the Jotunheim is doing well. Indeed the reviews are pretty positive.
What we need now is a shrinked non-modular SE only version at $249 to stack with the Mimby.

This! Would give away my Modi/Magni combo to a nephew and pick these up to replace them.

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #12,674 of 151,047
This! Would give away my Modi/Magni combo to a nephew and pick these up to replace them.

Probably not going to happen with all those switches and sockets.

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #12,675 of 151,047
Well if we're down to talking about LED's at least we all agree this Schiit sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back