Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 13, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #1,711 of 150,834
  After a few pages of the DSD/PCM/provenance/upsampling/etc debate, do you wonder why so many people think us audiophiles are a little bit nuts?

Time to listen to some music, I think. Does it sound good? Yep. Then all is well.

Is that pretty much what your wife boss would say? I like what she said about the Magni.

Jul 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #1,713 of 150,834
Can I have the last 45 minutes of my life back please? Man we are an odd bunch (including myself).

+1
dt880smile.png

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #1,715 of 150,834

I'm gonna generalize this and say "money" is way too dangerous for audiophiles with OCD. Thankfully/unfortunately, we (or at least *I*) tend to run out of it pretty quickly.

Absolutely, this is the big challenge with most hobbies - where to draw the line in spending money.

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #1,716 of 150,834
Well I'm glad to hear that everyone is alright after an indoor Schiit-storm.

Thanks for sharing, Jason (and Alex!). It's one of the nice touches of working directly with your customers, and it makes me like Schiit even more. Good luck drying out :)

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #1,718 of 150,834
When I saw the Pictures of the damage the water did i thought "Shiiiiiiiit", and instantly a mind messege got into my brain "thats a bit redundant".

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #1,719 of 150,834
  After a few pages of the DSD/PCM/provenance/upsampling/etc debate, do you wonder why so many people think us audiophiles are a little bit nuts?

Time to listen to some music, I think. Does it sound good? Yep. Then all is well.

Not only that, the most important thing to ask is, is our "favorite" music already available in DSD format?!?! And the answer 95%+ of the time will be a resounding NO!!! I'm not even looking into DSD nor will I if all I will get are some obscure recordings that I will probably not even enjoy... so yup!

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #1,721 of 150,834

Not only that, the most important thing to ask is, is our "favorite" music already available in DSD format?!?! And the answer 95%+ of the time will be a resounding NO!!! I'm not even looking into DSD nor will I if all I will get are some obscure recordings that I will probably not even enjoy... so yup!

Amen. Now can we all get past this DSD stuff and bury it in the cemetery of dead formats with HDCD and such?

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #1,724 of 150,834
Quote:kothganesh
 Man, that touches a nerve. Over the weekend, almost bought four items including two amps but left them in the cart and shut my Mac down. Whew !

You don't deserve space on Head-Fi. A mental re-adjustment is urgently indicated..   
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back